Goodbye TB....

AJMJr910

May 25, 2010
Visit site
After 4 months I've decided to drop the TB and move to the DX2. I came from the OG Droid and I have to say I miss the Moto experience.

Prior to moving to the TB I did tons of research on the device and really thought it was the phone for me. Well after only 4 months and paying full retail for it I've decided to let it go. For a $600 I should see the clear coat chipping off the kick stand and the edges all around my phone are worn after going in and out of my holster. I've had tons of phones and I've never seen a phone wear down like the TB has. Never mind the fact that I don't live in, or anywhere near a 4G area and all signs point to LTE being here sometime between now and 2015.

Turns out I'm also not a big fan of HTC sense. I'm really upset at how long it took VZW and HTC to come up with a fix for the rebooting problem and even still at the GB role out. I know a big part of that is getting sense to work with the new version. I know, I know I could root but I really just don't see the benefit out weighing the risk of rooting a device. There is rooting, which is risky, flash roms and radios which is also very risky. You get the wrong download and your phone is bricked. Thats another topic all together I guess.

I'm just wondering has/is anyone else leaving their TB? Why are you staying with it? Why are you going?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Best phone I've ever had.

Best of luck. See ya'!
img178.gif

-Frank

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
not leaving any time soon. For me, there isn't a phone in vzw that even comes close to the bolt.

Everyone has different needs though. Hope you like the x2 op, I'm personally excited to see the bionic.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I also did a lot of research before getting the Thunderbolt and have no regrets what so ever after four months with it. I am definitely keeping it for the long haul even though I have an upgrade this November.

I like the design of the phone overall. It feels solid in hand with its weight, size and rubbery back. I like the capacitive buttons (do not like physical ones). I love the kickstand. Its size feels solid and it adds a nice look to the phone when closed. Functionally, it's a killer feature, one I use all the time and has become a must have. I like the Sense UI and the various widgets, especially the clock/weather widget on the main home screen. Its operation is smooth and intuitive. The phone itself is fast in operation. LTE is a must have! (Although my area’s LTE deployment was delayed by tornados back in April) While I don’t use it often, I like the option of simultaneous voice and data. I like the included 32GB micro SD card. I like that the back camera is flush and there is no hump to the phone. Finally, I like the accessory options available. I was able to easy get a Seidio Spring-Clip Holster (same time I bought the phone, I’ve usually always had problems getting a good holster), a Seidio Multi Function Battery Charger, an extra standard battery and an extended one. Anyway, that's my story. Best of luck to you with the DX2! :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say that you're nuts. Okay, not really, but in my opinion, it's so difficult to go back to a Motorola device. I used to enjoy using a MotoBlur based Android device as it was all I knew. Sure, I used the T-Mobile G1 at one point, but it didn't compare to the Motorola Droid. But than I went with the HTC Thunderbolt and I could never go back to a Motorola without having regrets. HTC Sense is far superior to MotoBlur in any way imaginable from my experience. And apparently, all of my friends who still have a Motorola phone cannot wait for their contracts to end so they can go back to HTC.

But again, that's my personal experience. You have the right to your own opinion and as long as it fits you best, go for it.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing I've had moto phones from the start. Sadly the biggest things I miss are the moto car dock and multimedia dock. HTC was brilliant and put the charging port on the underside of the phone so plugging it up at night and putting it on the kick stand is out of the question. I ditched the stock OS first thing but still not as happy as I was with my og Droid or droid X but 4g lte does rock. Right now I'm gonna see how the bionic is and if the screen quality is nice I might make the jump, but I just don't know.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing I've had moto phones from the start. Sadly the biggest things I miss are the moto car dock and multimedia dock. HTC was brilliant and put the charging port on the underside of the phone so plugging it up at night and putting it on the kick stand is out of the question. I ditched the stock OS first thing but still not as happy as I was with my og Droid or droid X but 4g lte does rock. Right now I'm gonna see how the bionic is and if the screen quality is nice I might make the jump, but I just don't know.

I use my kickstand as a "dock" at home and it stays there, charging, whenever I'm home. Vertically.

-Frank

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I use my kickstand as a "dock" at home and it stays there, charging, whenever I'm home. Vertically.

-Frank

Yep but if they would have put the port on the opposite side you could use it horizontally that would have really been awesome.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep but if they would have put the port on the opposite side you could use it horizontally that would have really been awesome.

Getting off topic, but if you look at the phone, the only other practical place to put the charging port could be just below the kickstand hinge near the bottom of the phone. Can't put it right next to the hinge as it would interfere with the hinge. Top or upper sides are impractical as they're too thin due to the battery cover. The bottom isn't ideal either as it wouldn't work well with docks. Regardless, where it's at now is easy to work around, either get a dock or hang the part of the phone over the side of the desk/table when the charger is connected. :) Then again, very few other phones even have a kickstand, so I'll take it regardless! :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87