HELP!!!!!!!!!

jmalucci

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
First let me say hi to everyone I am new to the forums so please bear with me. Well its not really as bad as the title would lead you to believe but it makes me want to scream. I have had my TB from the time it came out and it is not rooted. It is not rooted cause really I don't know anything about rooting, I mean is it worth it to root or just wait till GB comes out.

thanks Joe

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Spend some time here and read up on as much as you can. When your comfortable and decide you want to root.. then go for it, if you run into a problem... one of us here will help you out.

As for waiting for Gingerbread.. one of the great things about rooting is installing custom ROMs. The developers will release updates waaaay before you see anything from Verizon. Most of us here have been running Gingerbread for the last month.

On the other hand.. rooting is not for everyone, some prefer to stay with a stock phone... which is why I say.. spend some time in the forum first. There's a bunch of guides explaining the benefits and everything else possible you will ever need to know.
Here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/
Welcome to the forums.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
do the one click its so easy a caveman can do it

:D

It's true though. Took me awhile to build up the courage, but after i did it i wondered why i waited so long. Try the MR1 auto root. Take your time and follow the instructions exactly and you will be fine. If not sure about anything, ask questions.

grrump

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone as soon as I got it home from best buy. But the of Droid I had prior was also. Old school rooting was way more complicated 2 years ago. There are plenty of YouTube videos to walk you through it. I run thunderbread 2.4 and haven't found any bugs. I wouldn't have been near as happy with the phone stock.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk