3 reboots in the last hour...what's my next step?

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
That does sound fun! I too have enjoyed a few reboots this morning. It's been solid since the MR2 update, but this morning, I watched it reboot while resting quietly on the nightstand. It's not every 20 minutes, but an odd coincidence.

SuperDave1621

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
After a month of barely any reboots, my TB's newest trick/feature is to reboot every other 20 minutes. It's fun at first, but now I'm no longer enjoying the "feature." I have the MR2 update and it's all stock. I also pulled the battery twice. What's my next step? Can I go to a Verizon store and get a replacement?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Call *611, tech support will have you do a hard reset. Assuming that doesn't fix it, they will send you a CLNR (certified like new replacement). Make sure it is perfect in every way before sending back your old phone within 5 days. Good luck!

Thanks, Robrecht

SuperDave1621

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Call *611, tech support will have you do a hard reset. Assuming that doesn't fix it, they will send you a CLNR (certified like new replacement). Make sure it is perfect in every way before sending back your old phone within 5 days. Good luck!

Thanks, Robrecht

Thanks! Unfortunately I won't be able to call them because it now reboots every few minutes. So I'll have to go into the store...icky.

SuperDave1621

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I called tech support and they had me do a factory reset. Everything seems to be fine now, but we'll see. I'm in AZ by the way so I have no idea if that makes a difference...?

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No - don't say this!! Updated last night, and no reboots today.

(moving my HTC away from the monitor so it doesn't read this and get any hairbrained ideas!)

Seriously, glad the reset helped and if mine starts again, I'll know what to do.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I called tech support and they had me do a factory reset. Everything seems to be fine now, but we'll see. I'm in AZ by the way so I have no idea if that makes a difference...?

Odd. I normally have a reboot every week. probably undervolting and underclocking induced though.

SuperDave1621

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems all is well for now. I have the backup assistant and all that good stuff so everything returned as normal. I've only experienced the reboot issue once before the MR2 update, and it wasn't nearly as bad as anyone else. This morning was a totally different story. I couldn't even unlock the phone without it rebooting. Sucks to reboot, but it's nice to have a working phone again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95