Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Gingerbread coming in September via HTC

We're pleased to announce that both DROID Incredible and ThunderBolt at Verizon will be receiving an
    update to Gingerbread in September. Thanks for your support!

Thanked by:

Shut, I was going to post it. Good news.

Sent from out of space.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Default Re: Gingerbread coming in September via HTC

September 30th lol. Yea they will be making you wait the entire month i bet. lol
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Or maybe tomorrow?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I can't wait for October 1st!

this is not really news since they said q3 some time ago. Of course they said q2 before that as well.

ROM
    OTA

I think this is the real deal this time. I have a strong feeling it will be prior to the release of the Bionic. Got to try and keep the revenue coming in, even though this phone is basically outdated. How about a big nice surprise: Ice Cream!

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

My money's on the 8th or 15th.

When will they announce the "fix" update for everything this update screws up?

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    When will they announce the "fix" update for everything this update screws up?
    Probably. That's the way software/firmware works. Personaly I'm glad that they keep up on the fixes, rather than ignoring them, a'la iPhone.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

I have absolutely no interest in iphones because I hate how they lock everything up. I just wish all the android phone makers would remember the point of android - OPEN ACCESS. The trouble is they're all obsessed with adding complex ui's of their own (sense, motoblur, etc.). I wish they'd leave em vanilla and let us install skins or ui's or launchers from the marketplace rather than adding one launcher to cover their launcher and totally using up the processor before we even start!

OT Rant over.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

I have absolutely no interest in iphones because I hate how they lock everything up. I just wish all the android phone makers would remember the point of android - OPEN ACCESS. The trouble is they're all obsessed with adding complex ui's of their own (sense, motoblur, etc.). I wish they'd leave em vanilla and let us install skins or ui's or launchers from the marketplace rather than adding one launcher to cover their launcher and totally using up the processor before we even start!
    When an iPhone freezes it freezes bad. I work at UPS and we ship more frozen iPhone back than any Android phone. I'll never buy another ipod or iPhone.... Maybe an iPad if they ever change the look of the OS.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Does the gb update include sense 3.0?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingsDru View Post
    Does the gb update include sense 3.0?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    No.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    No.

-Frank
    You think they'll give us 3.5?

Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    You think they'll give us 3.5?

Nope.

Transmitted on Verizon's 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    Nope.

Transmitted on Verizon's 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk!
    That conversation was hilarious...

"WIll it have Sense 3.0"

"No."

"Will it have Sense 3.5"

"Nope."

"Will it clean my damn house?"

"Of course it will... not."
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

ROM
    N/A

OT Rant over.
    I personally kinda like how LG did things with the Ally (well, as far as the UI is concerned... everything else not so much). It had stock Android, but you could throw on LG's skin if you wanted.

I think all manufacturers should make it an option to run vanilla to save on resources if you so choose. Like running Windows 7 on the Classic theme.

Addendum: Sense is not comparable to MotoBLUR. MotoBLUR is a cancerous plague that Motorola should have let die with the Devour. Sense actually has redeeming qualities to balance it being a resource hog.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Mike_is_Mike likes this.

OT Rant over.
    If they didn't have their own UI's they wouldn't enjoy the huge market share they do now. As hard as it is for many here to believe, MOST people don't root their phones.....nor do they WANT too.
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    I personally kinda like how LG did things with the Ally (well, as far as the UI is concerned... everything else not so much). It had stock Android, but you could throw on LG's skin if you wanted.

YES YES YES this sooooo much. I actually looked at the Revolution hoping it would have that as well.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post

I think all manufacturers should make it an option to run vanilla to save on resources if you so choose. Like running Windows 7 on the Classic theme.

Addendum: Sense is not comparable to MotoBLUR. MotoBLUR is a cancerous plague that Motorola should have let die with the Devour. Sense actually has redeeming qualities to balance it being a resource hog.
    Protip: windows 7 uses less resources in aero than classic in almost every case.

Also google bought motorola so expect moto phones to have vanilla android from now on.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by willis936 View Post
    Protip: windows 7 uses less resources in aero than classic in almost every case.

Also google bought motorola so expect moto phones to have vanilla android from now on.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    Not to get off topic, but I've NEVER heard that before about Windows 7. It's pretty screwed up if that's what Microsoft did as turning off Aero should increase performance as the system has LESS to do regardless of hardware specs/capability. My biggest problem with Windows 7 is that they took away choice in that there is NO true classic mode anymore (a way to truly revert to how things were done in past OS's). That and along with various other reasons, I'm still using Windows XP and will continue to do so until it is no longer supported in 2014 (then I'll see what else is out there Microsoft or other). IMHO, the Windows 7 UI (User Interface) feels dumbed down and throws us old power users out to pasture. No thanks!

As to Google making Motorola phones vanilla Android: it's just pure speculation at this point. Although vanilla is certainly better than Blur or whatever it's called now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post
    If they didn't have their own UI's they wouldn't enjoy the huge market share they do now. As hard as it is for many here to believe, MOST people don't root their phones.....nor do they WANT too.
    If all the manufacturers produced vanilla android the developers would produce apps, skins, and launchers that could do anything we want without rooting. Rooting becomes.necessary only when vzw and htc bloat up android beyond all recognition!
    markkelley likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

If all the manufacturers produced vanilla android the developers would produce apps, skins, and launchers that could do anything we want without rooting. Rooting becomes.necessary only when vzw and htc bloat up android beyond all recognition!
    Quoted for truth....
    markkelley likes this.
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

Incredible is getting it's OTA update, and since the Inc and the Tbolt were grouped together, it can't be too far off now.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast