Google Talk force close issue

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me but I'm a noob PLUS this is my very first post on this awesome forum. My Thunderbolt is currently running the 2.11 RUU (not rooted). So here's my question: what exactly is "flashing"? I thought it involved custom ROMs on rooted phones and whatnot. I've downloaded the file from your link which now appears as a folder on my computer desktop named "camera". Do I just copy it to my card via my USB cord and restart my phone? I've done a forum/Google search for this and couldn't find the answer.

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Can someone make a new ruu with the camera flash in it....a lot of people would appreciate it, i'm sure.:D

Yep! I would be one of those who appreciate it. The problem extends beyond just the camera. People can't hear me when I make calls. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Until it's fixed, I'll have to use my spare LG Voyager. Sweet!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Several threads are dealing with this. I can't take credit for it. Changing the date from auto, set date back to 1Aug 2011. Check camera it should work after a few seconds. Change date back to auto. Will need to be repeated after a reboot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

deputyvrod

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Several threads are dealing with this. I can't take credit for it. Changing the date from auto, set date back to 1Aug 2011. Check camera it should work after a few seconds. Change date back to auto. Will need to be repeated after a reboot.

Just tried that and it worked. What gives? Why did this seemingly happen to everyone around the same time. 2.11 RUU seemed to work flawlessly for me up until today when I got this issue

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried that and it worked. What gives? Why did this seemingly happen to everyone around the same time. 2.11 RUU seemed to work flawlessly for me up until today when I got this issue

Crazy changing the date makes gtalk and camera both operational again I wonder what else will quit working as time goes on wtf!

I wish I knew for sure. Even if HTC and/or VZW wanted to build a self destruct in, I doubt they could do it... Even if they could why would it be set to go off before the Official release.... after to encourage use of the official release..... makes no sense to me..... glad the changing date works when factory resets and re-flashing RUU failed to work for many. Including many Custom ROMs..... I hope some Devs find where in the code this @#$#%@ is and patch it. Overall 2.11 RUU has been the best so far, and better than stock Froyo.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god, do you guys have any idea how much trouble this little bug gave me today? I was thinking it was a weird underlying issue, so I decided to go back to stock, then re-root, and load the ROM again. I did the unroot wrong, I was stuck with a Security Warning in hboot, I tore my house apart looking for an SD/USB adapter so I could swap RUUs around on my SD, finally got back to stock, rooted again, threw on Gingeritis, and still had this problem. I've been working on my phone for 5 HOURS today, and then I see this...

I mean, I'm glad it works, but Jesus H. Christ that was a lot of unnecessary heart ache! :-\

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I found this in another forum. Do I have to be rooted in order to use this patch? Is there a way to copy it onto the phone thru a data cable and have it recognize it?

code.google.com/p/synergy-thu...lt/source/list

r197 is the fix.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I found this in another forum. Do I have to be rooted in order to use this patch? Is there a way to copy it onto the phone thru a data cable and have it recognize it?

code.google.com/p/synergy-thu...lt/source/list

r197 is the fix.

R197 is a nightly for Synergy ROM. Yes would would have to be Rooted and I'm not sure it would work with other ROMs. It might, but there is a risk it wouldn't.

masterowen1

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I cant fix the google talk force close problem, but if you reboot from a total power off and open the camera before the force close of google talk pops up then leave the camera open until the phone is done booting up then the camera will work. At least the camera will work. Good luck.:)

lshachar

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
fwiw, I just had an FC problem immediately after launching gtalk. the reason turned out to be low internal storage memory. I moved a couple of programs to the SD card (either do that or delete some stuff from the internal memory) and when the "low storage" notification disappears - so does the problem.
Ridiculous indeed.