Verizon free Red Zone on TB?

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizone supposedly offers free Red Zone for 4G customers but can't find the app.
It is not on the market and I tried My Verizon (apps) there is a listing for NFL but no app available.
Any help?

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, I found the app but it gives me no option to download.
I can view the screen shots and comments etc. but no way to download???
Never had this happen B4 wtf?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to the market from your computer? It sounds like for some reason the market isn't recognizing your phone correctly.

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to the market from your computer? It sounds like for some reason the market isn't recognizing your phone correctly.

The app is not even listed when I use the Market on my phone unless I use the link posted in this
t hread which won't let me download. I haven't had any problems with apps downloading except for this one. This is strange, would you suggest uninstalling market and reinstalling this is the first problem I have had since day 1.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you running? Most AOSP have issues because they strip out VZW sign-in/verification scrips. Market thinks your device is incompatible. NFL Mobile works fine on 2.11 RUU once you sign-in to My Verizon App. I can't install MLB at Bat because market says its incompatible. If the Market won't let you download it there's VZW's "Apps" it has it..... it's slow and buggy, but its an option. Looks like it's a direct port from LG EnV.

Reactions: Malibu02

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It gets even gooder!
My VZ apps loads up ok but when I select anything, say for example "Featured" it just goes into and endless twirly thing and stays there.
Stock 2.2.1 MR2. Cleared cache, and did a battery pull just for grins but no help.
Up until now phone was flawless. Also removed all recent apps no cigar there either.
Might be time to root huh?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It gets even gooder!
My VZ apps loads up ok but when I select anything, say for example "Featured" it just goes into and endless twirly thing and stays there.
Stock 2.2.1 MR2. Cleared cache, and did a battery pull just for grins but no help.
Up until now phone was flawless. Also removed all recent apps no cigar there either.

I think your VZ Apps hasn't updated. Has it ever given you a EULA screen? I had issues with it back in March. It wouldn't do much until the screen popped up...... it is the slowest software on TBolt. You may get stuck waiting on it to give you an EULA before it updates itself.... and gives you another EULA.

Rooting isn't a bad thing, but do lots of reading first. NFL Mobile works on some ROMs. I'm sure there are some that will. Just have to look for them. May be the OTA GB will fix it, but i can't guarantee that as it does not data. Not sure what data is corrupted, but you are stock and it should work. I'm running the 2.11 RUU leak. It's pretty good, but has a few issues. You would have to fight with My Verizon sign-in. Without it NFL Mobile doesn't work. The camera/G-talk date issue is easy as work arounds good, but you have to do it after every reboot. in any case do the reading before making a choice and executing.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It gets even gooder!

I would give a factory reset a try before going that route. It might fix whatever glitch popped up and is cauing the issue.

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally caved and did a factory reset which did the trick. PIA setting everything back up and still wonder what caused the problem. Still thinking about rooting. Been reading up on it for weeks .....talk about information over load

LoD_Cin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The app is not even listed when I use the Market on my phone unless I use the link posted in this
t hread which won't let me download. I haven't had any problems with apps downloading except for this one. This is strange, would you suggest uninstalling market and reinstalling this is the first problem I have had since day 1.
I had the same problem with the HBO app not showing up and Verizon determined that my phone need to be replaced.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I found it no problem for mine. Looks like its only free until 1 Oct.

NFL Network on Verizon is free, which includes Red Zone on Sundays when the season starts. The part that will cost money is watching live games. Other wise you can watch whatever is on NFL Network live, same thing that is on TV, and Red Zone free on Sundays. I have been using it the last couple years. The pay for live games is new this year.