Amazing..........camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine tried to send me SHOOTME an application that takes screen shots. He just got the Bionic. Told me to install app installer first. I did as he said and it won't allow me to use the app, stating it is for ROOT phones. He hasn't rooted his Bionic. I am wondering if it is an HTC block to keep from getting the application. WEIRD:(

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I take pics of my tbolt screen with my og droid. I know its pathetic but no way i'll root until warranty is expired.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a screen shot application but would gladly email you . Pics are very good!

sent from my Thunderbolt

Why a screen shot? Those are pictures you took with the camera, correct? Put them in a place like picasa and link them here. Or just upload a picture or two to the forum when you post a comment.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Here are a couple of pics taken from my Thunderbolt. One is the front view of my apt. complex before the storm the other night and the other is my precious cat, Fannie.

:)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The camera on my TB is the best out of every camera phone I ever had. I have a background in high end digital photography using gear such as the Nikon D2x SLR body with huge f2.8 zoom lenses. People need to understand the TB is limited in its ability for low light photography due to the lens nature of the TB. You simply cannot expect to take great pics in low light with any camera phone...period! Unfortunately, due to the small, pathetic built-in "f" stop aperture of the TB, you will almost always get darkish, grainy (high noise), and even motion blur when taking most pics under low light ambient conditions. Worse, the white balance on camera phone is "off" meaning inaccurate unless shot under ideal lighting conditions, which usually means sunny, bright outdoor lighting. As a result of all these less than ideal conditions, I end up having to do some form of Photoshop retouching, such as cropping, sharpening, curves, levels, white balance adjustment...you name it! I can probably say I know more about digital photography than a majority of users on this entire forum. That said, I honestly feel the TB is just fine for taking decent quality candid off the cuff shots, especially if you are only posting to Facebook or sharing online. I don't think I would even try to make actual prints, especially enlargements such as 8x10" or larger for most shots using the TB or any camera phone for that matter. Just my .02 cents worth.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
for the person who just has photos without all the hoopla, this takes very good shots. I am quite pleased with it. I haven't used my digital camera in a long time. I had the Incredible prior and this one does take better pics. I know it isn't professional, but still, in all they are good shots. Actually I did make copies of some photos I had taken with my Blackberry and they were rather impressive.My friends thought they were taken with my digital camera. There are some photos I have on my TB that I might have copies made of because they are very special shots.
Just my two cents worth too !!! not being glibe or rude, but this does take some decent pics for us who are not professional.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would really be careful about saying you know more than anyone probably on this site about photography. I am sure there are plenty of people who are very talented with a camera as well and have the knowledge behind it. That is being rather arrogant

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would really be careful about saying you know more than anyone probably on this site about photography. I am sure there are plenty of people who are very talented with a camera as well and have the knowledge behind it. That is being rather arrogant

You just owned him, go Jude!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Reactions: Jude526

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am very impressed as to how well the Thunderbolt takes pictures. I'd be more than happy if the camera on my device took such awesome photos.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Here are a couple of pics taken from my Thunderbolt. One is the front view of my apt. complex before the storm the other night and the other is my precious cat, Fannie.

:)

Thanks for posting those pictures, like your cat. Here is one of my dogs, she says hi. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.