Things randomly missing

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
About 3 months ago half my pictures disappeared out of my gallery. About a month later my bookmarks all disappeared. Today my phone rang with a word tone. I checked my settings and all my ringtones are missing.. anyone run into this yet?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk Pro

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
About 3 months ago half my pictures disappeared out of my gallery. About a month later my bookmarks all disappeared. Today my phone rang with a word tone. I checked my settings and all my ringtones are missing.. anyone run into this yet?

Can't speak for "anybody", but, nope.

-Frank

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Other the "factory reset" anyway of getting them back?

I am stock, not rooted 2gb free onboard memory and 20+ gb on the SD card

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset restores phone to original factory settings. Doesn't save what a person additionally puts on the phone

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe something issues wrong with the sd card? All the things you mentioned would be on there.

Except for maybe bookmarks. Dunno where those are stored.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as photos...same here they do not show up at times. I find them by using Astros. Very odd some are in gallery then disappear for fee days

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use a free app (recommended on a thread here) called "Rescan Media" that simply forces a rescan of the SD drive. Normally this appears to happen when the phone is first started and when you disconnect it after using it as a USB drive on a computer, but I have several apps (Photaf among them) that don't appear to "report" additions to the OS. A quick run of "Rescan Media" always gets me up-to-date.

Try running something like that (or rebooting the phone) to see if your missing stuff reappears. If it doesn't, I'd start suspecting a problem with the SD chip itself.