skype video calling

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Skype with video still has the goofy bug of landscape mode video chat or you are sideways on the other person's phone/computer. I did a search and this has been a bug for a while. It's just to awkward to hold your phone landscape-y when portrait would be so much easier.

Has has anyone heard of a fix for this?

Thanks!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Skype with video still has the goofy bug of landscape mode video chat or you are sideways on the other person's phone/computer. I did a search and this has been a bug for a while. It's just to awkward to hold your phone landscape-y when portrait would be so much easier.

Thanks!

I admit I didn't spend a lot of time testing this last night, but I didn't see any orientation issues in my brief test, either in landscape or portrait. I'll test it again this evening if I get a chance.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

The one in the market works in portrait mode perfectly. So happy they got this working right on the thunderbolt, it was the main reason I bought the phone in the first place.

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
There was a Skype update this morning. So perhaps the "bug" is fixed?

I did have to hold my phone sideways when testing it yesterday evening. However, I can't test it now since no one is online. Haha.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed skype from the marketplace but I'm unable to sign in. I was unable to create an account, so I made one using the website. Now I can't sign in. Looks like this is a common issue?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed skype from the marketplace but I'm unable to sign in. I was unable to create an account, so I made one using the website. Now I can't sign in. Looks like this is a common issue?

I'm having no problem, are you on the latest gingerbread OTA?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
yep, got the update yesterday. I've been trying all morning to sign in and it never works. My account sign in works just fine on the skype website.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
yep, got the update yesterday. I've been trying all morning to sign in and it never works. My account sign in works just fine on the skype website.

Odd, I guess the only thing that would be different with mine is I'm rooted, and I used XDA's deodexed/rooted version of the GB OTA. I know I had problems in the past though, I used to have to try and log in 1 or 2 times before it would log in, but since this update it works every time.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I uninstalled and re-installed and can now sign in.

Now I have to figure out how to get my wife's phone to get the GB update so I can actually have someone to video chat with. I was checking for the update for a couple hours last night and it never showed up on her TB for some reason.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I uninstalled and re-installed and can now sign in.

Now I have to figure out how to get my wife's phone to get the GB update so I can actually have someone to video chat with. I was checking for the update for a couple hours last night and it never showed up on her TB for some reason.

LOL, at least its working now. Your wife's just probably later in the line, they only push out a certain amount each day, so her's will probably come through in the next day or so.