1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text-to-speech settings anyone know how to set up?

Does anyone know how to set this up or make it work? Itís supposed to read your incoming text I believe.

I am not talking about the little mic on the key board, thatís speech to text. I am looking for text to speech so it will read my text messages.

I found the set-up, Settings---voice input & output--- Text-to-speech settings

But can figure out how to make it work.
    Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Text-to-speech settings anyone know how to set up?

Does this mean no one knows how to set up or no one cares?
    Any help on this one?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I think you need to download a voice pack, like TTS which is free, or something like Ivona, which has better voices, but costs a bit.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I did download, but doesnt seem to work
    Thanks

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerboy2253 View Post
    Does anyone know how to set this up or make it work? It’s supposed to read your incoming text I believe.

I am not talking about the little mic on the key board, that’s speech to text. I am looking for text to speech so it will read my text messages.

I found the set-up, Settings---voice input & output--- Text-to-speech settings

But can figure out how to make it work.
    Thanks
    I know it says "text to speech", but have a hunch what they really mean is speech to text. I dunno... I'm not much of a media type guy, but I didn't think the TBolt had the text to speech capability built-in. Anyone?

EDIT! Yes, I see now. Sorry. When you attempt to turn on the Accessibility option you are prompted to download the Google "TalkBack" app. I'm downloading it now. I'll see what happens... Holy Cow... it works good. Basically a screen reader. I was also prompted to download a "preferences" application after the main app, which I did.

Is yours just not audible? What's happening? Did you enable it after the download by going into Settings | Accessibility | Enable TalkBack (or similar)? I can't get it to actually read the SMS messages either. It will read the title of the SMS page and say "Add Text Box", but will not actually read the message. Looks like the problem is that you can't get one message to appear on the screen alone. At least I can't.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 10-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    [HTC Thunderboltô 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]