Got the 2.11.605.5 OTA. Here's what's NOT fixed:

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What about the car dock? Anybody try that yet?

Plugged the phone into my iGrip last night and the car dock mode came right up no problem, just like it did with Froyo. The dock was NOT plugged in, but that's ok - it worked unplugged in the past too. So I think the car dock issue is solved.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing that still seems to be broken that no one seems to mention is the snoozing of calendar reminders. The initial reminder always pops, but hit snooze and it never comes back. Started that with the first "upgrade" to GB and still persists.

After reading this post I tested mine, and got the same results as you. I had no idea that was broke. I guess 'cuz I virtually never hit snooze. But, try as I might, I could never get it to work. I tried setting it to Alarm rather than Notification bar, tried changing the sound, tried not hitting snooze, just ignoring it, tried "add a reminder", everything I could think of. Snooze seems to be just plain inop. How the heck did that happen?

-Frank
I don't have any of the problems listed but I installed a rooted .5 image and fully wiped beforehand, I know everyone hates when people say just root it, but in my experience things run better that way
Try Snooze.

-Frank

Last edited:

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
In case you havent resolved your volume issues, heres a possible fix.

We have two Thunderbolts on our plan and one suddenly started going quiet. Had it replaced but then it suddenly started doing it again. Apparently there is a hidden "system" volume that apps can have access to, but you dont have access to. To gain access, download an volume management app. I recommend "Audio Manager". Go ahead and crank up "system" and see if that resolves your issues.

Thanks, great theory (would have loved for it to be right!), but I have the Quick Settings widget - which has a system volume slider - and it's set to max. :(

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Gmail reset fine but had to set up my 2 POP3 mail accounts again. The new notification bar is a step backward in my opinion. Before I could just hit the mail icon and all three accounts ould display. Now I have to go to the notification tab and pick each account 1 by 1.

adamhach

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem initially with my Bolt when I was in my office and using WiFi. I had to flip to 3g/4g to get my email to sync in the stock email program. Then I installed Touchdown (mostly because it offered HTML support which I could not get in the stock email app because my company uses an older version of MS Exchange). With Touchdown, I've had zero problems getting my email over WiFi.

I can't explain why the programs would work differently over WiFi, but I would suggest giving it a try if you prefer leaving your phone on WiFi most of the day. Touchdown is a bit pricey but there is a free trial period and I've seen it on discount through the Amazon app store.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Did a factory reset, just to make sure, didn't fix any of the problems. The voicemail icon used to work for me but holding down one does work. Had to reset tones a couple times now the right ones play.
Almost feels like RIM did this update as now boot is longer, not the 5 minute like my last berry but it is noticeably longer than before.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i have to say i had the first gingerbread update working pretty good and like a fool i put this new one on and of course have a worse 4g signal and still the same problems GRRRR this is such a crock im starting to wish i never seen this POS phone . i will never buy a htc device whenever it first comes out ever again .

jvarsdroid

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Dialer is still showing high usage of battery... usually at least 30% or higher ,second only to Display in my case. Anyone else still seeing this after latest OTA? It started with first GB OTA

Right now I am at 32% Dialer and 28% Display

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, thats something I didnt notice but may explain some of the quirkiness Ive seen. I have my cell on Wifi most of the time (home and work) and only go to 3G when Im out and about (no 4G here or planned for here). The stupid thing wouldnt get email all day and then out of the blue pop, one would show up. I will play with the wifi/3g and see if i see any patterns too.

I di d a factory reset on the first GB release and it didnt fix it. Please let us know if you do a reset and if it works before I go through that again.

One other idea, my emails worked until they forced facebook and tunewiki to be active all the time. I used to be able to kill those programs in froyo but now they just come right back in GB. Yes, I am reaching for straws :)

Update - Didnt work. I set each account to go active at 9am. There was no mail check until I unplugged the phone. Then 2 of the 5 accounts (1 gmail, 1 yahoo worked and 2 Yahoo and 1 aol did not) woke up and found mail. I know each had mail because I left mail for each account to find. Later on one other account (Yahoo) all of a sudden popped up with the notification. Finally I had to go and manually start up the remaining 2 accounts like 2 hours later. Before I did this I did verify that they were off "manual" in the settings and reflected "every hour" as I had set it. This was all on wifi. Later on in the day I sent an email to each account and the only one that popped up was the first one, the gmail account after I left the wifi and was in 3G. The other 4 did not show mail. Once back home on wifi I did not receive any mail and sent myself another seed batch of which once again only the gmail worked (this is the default account). FYI I do not have gmail running, just as one of the sync accounts in the stock mail.

I tried maildroid on the older GB and it had the same problems. Synced at first then dead meat. Im wondering if something is getting in the way of process. The first sync didnt happen until I unplugged it. Ive heard others mention a "sleep mode" Im wondering if the damn thing is having trouble waking up? Any thoughts would be appreciated before either me or the TB are our the window in frustration!:'(

Update - 10/28 - No surprise. Only the gmail account woke up, all others had to be manually started and none synced automatically today at all afterwards. Same as with the old GB. What a piece of crap.

To those who use stock email and their sync works, what settings do you use? I suspect I am getting caught up in "sleep mode" vs processes running or something like that?

Last edited:

dmcpilot

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
After reading this post I tested mine, and got the same results as you. I had no idea that was broke. I guess 'cuz I virtually never hit snooze. But, try as I might, I could never get it to work. I tried setting it to Alarm rather than Notification bar, tried changing the sound, tried not hitting snooze, just ignoring it, tried "add a reminder", everything I could think of. Snooze seems to be just plain inop. How the heck did that happen?

-Frank

The stock snooze options aren't worth the headache anyway--go get Calendar Snooze...not expensive and works great!

HangEmHigh79

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Non rooted here and I love gb so far. The cosmetic updates are really cool (having settings in notification bar eliminates needing widgets). I dled it on a half charge and used my phone pretty heavy , like normal, 12 hours or so ago (mainly on 3g with an hour or so 4g) and I just got my 15% battery warning. A huge improvement for me as before I was lucky to go twelve hours on 3g only. Only issue I've had is my stock weather widget not updating automatically at times. Very small issue for me

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just looked at Calendar Snooze in the Market. They have a note saying not to use the "on time" reminder in Android 2.3 because it doesn't work. They say it's a bug in GB, not the app. That's exactly when I would expect the snooze to go off. Interesting.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

dmcpilot

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it on my Froyo (haven't gotten the update yet), but I honestly don't know what they are talking about...say you have a 10:00 event...you set the reminder for 9:50...are they saying don't set it for 10:00, though? Really a bit stumped as to what they're saying...sorry..

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it on my Froyo (haven't gotten the update yet), but I honestly don't know what they are talking about...say you have a 10:00 event...you set the reminder for 9:50...are they saying don't set it for 10:00, though? Really a bit stumped as to what they're saying...sorry..
I believe what they are saying with "on-time" is this (just guessing)...

Your reminder should go off whenever you set it (i.e. 15 minutes before), but then, when the actual event time comes up, if you have not acknowledged the reminder, or if you have snoozed the reminder, another alarm/notification will go off at the actual time of the event. IOW, "on-time" of the event.

I imagine there is an option inside the program to utilize the "on-time" feature, or not. By default, that is how most calendars work, they will notify again at the time of the event, if the reminder was not acknowledged prior to that.

-Frank

angels728

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the version numbers for the recent update is suppose to be?

I got the update this morning but hit reject to do it at a later time. Now when i search for it is not finding it and was wondering if it installed on its own. Thank you in advance!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the version numbers for the recent update is suppose to be?

I got the update this morning but hit reject to do it at a later time. Now when i search for it is not finding it and was wondering if it installed on its own. Thank you in advance!
Here ya' go...

17119d1319823352-got-2-11-605-5-ota-heres-whats-not-fixed-20111028113213.png
17120d1319823352-got-2-11-605-5-ota-heres-whats-not-fixed-20111028113233.png

-Frank

Reactions: angels728

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Gmail reset fine but had to set up my 2 POP3 mail accounts again. The new notification bar is a step backward in my opinion. Before I could just hit the mail icon and all three accounts ould display. Now I have to go to the notification tab and pick each account 1 by 1.

Open your email it should show your account at the very top just under your status bar and on the left side there should be a down arrow. Press the arrow and it should open a menu where you can pick each account, all accounts, and new account. Anyway that's how it is on mine. HTH