VZW Visual Voicemail verses Proximity Sensor

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that when I listen to a voicemail via my VZW Visual Voicemail that my screen stays on the whole time. The proximity sensor never turns it off as it does while in a call. Anyone else? Everyone else? :)

I've never had any trouble with the proximity sensor. I think it's the VVM app. Let me know. Maybe becuase it runs in "media mode" or somethin'? I mean, when I put my NFL Mobile Football video up to my ear it doesn't shut off either :)

-Frank

Last edited:

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
@frankxs: Mine is the same. I was assuming it was because I am running a BAMF ROM. Is your phone stock? Mine also no longer plays VVM messages over my Bluetooth hands-free, either. Both of those used to work on Froyo.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
@frankxs: Mine is the same. I was assuming it was because I am running a BAMF ROM. Is your phone stock? Mine also no longer plays VVM messages over my Bluetooth hands-free, either. Both of those used to work on Froyo.
Yeah, I'm stock GB. I feel certain it's because the system looks at it like a media file (sound) and ignores the proximity sensor, thinking you don't want a media file to go black. Just like other media apps. I don't use a Bluetooth headset so I can't comment on that.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm in bamf 1.0.9 cubed and visual voicemail does play through bluetooth in my car. I was surprised how much better it sounds. It sounds horrid in the phone itself. I use an older version of vvm to get it to work in bamf. 1.0.34

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer