Gmail not working on phone

TnTexas

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have any idea why Gmail has stopped working on my phone? It won't send any messages and the Inbox refuses to sync. (I sent a test message from my PC email to my gmail account. It isn't showing up on my phone. Yet when I check my Gmail account online, it's there.) I've rebooted the phone and that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have any idea why Gmail has stopped working on my phone? It won't send any messages and the Inbox refuses to sync. (I sent a test message from my PC email to my gmail account. It isn't showing up on my phone. Yet when I check my Gmail account online, it's there.) I've rebooted the phone and that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Delete data in gmail. It will resync and all will be well

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Check under Accounts and Sync in settings. Make sure your account is set to auto sync your gmail.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 wi-fi from Tapatalk.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You wont want to do this but try a factory reset. I had a really weird glitch in my Gmail and the stores said it was normal. I knew all the while it wasn't. I decided after trying everything to do a reset and it fixed it. If you do this and it doesn't work then go see a tech person. But I highly suggest it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but it didn't work. I even tried uninstalling updates, and it still won't send messages. It just sits there in the Outbox spinning its wheels. Any other ideas?

Check gmail on your computer. See if anything in outbox. See if any files are present or absent compared to phone. Deletw any possible offenders. Delete file in outbox of phone. Delete gmail data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez