Add on keyboards

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
When add on keyboards are installed, they say they can grab passwords and credit card info. Does anyone know if that's true or if there are no keyboard programs that do?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Obviously, keyboard software is going to know what you type. If you type a password, the keyboard could potentially record it.
To say otherwise would be lieing. To worry too much about it would be paranoid.
What can you do.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Obviously, keyboard software is going to know what you type. If you type a password, the keyboard could potentially record it.
To say otherwise would be lieing. To worry too much about it would be paranoid.
What can you do.

This.

Op, I wouldn't worry about it.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As worwig says, a keyboard by nature has to handle all the letters and numbers you key in, and therefore by nature has access to all of that data. So buyer beware.

On the other hand, it would be a Big Hairy News Release if any developer were stupid enough to actually do this or let it happen. So, overall, just look at reviews and read up on the news for any keyboard you might want to research.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the go keyboards, or swype. Are they safe?

As far as I have (or should I say, haven't) heard.

BTW, I highly recommend SwiftKey. Swype is interesting the way it works and all, but I find Swiftkey more efficient and with fewer errors.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
+1 on SwiftKey it's very intuitive almost like it reads your mind. I've typed a sentences in as little as three more letters than words in the sentence.

amartko

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I will give another +1 to SwiftKey, I have typed texts just keying in the first letter of the first word and SwiftKey did the rest. Was floored the first time it happened.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I kind of like this Slide it keyboard I've been using. I have big fingers so the slider is really nice. I just wish the space bar was wider.