1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Add on keyboards

When add on keyboards are installed, they say they can grab passwords and credit card info. Does anyone know if that's true or if there are no keyboard programs that do?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Default Re: Add on keyboards

Obviously, keyboard software is going to know what you type. If you type a password, the keyboard could potentially record it.
    To say otherwise would be lieing. To worry too much about it would be paranoid.
    What can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    Obviously, keyboard software is going to know what you type. If you type a password, the keyboard could potentially record it.
    To say otherwise would be lieing. To worry too much about it would be paranoid.
    What can you do.
    This.

Op, I wouldn't worry about it.

ROM
    Stock

As worwig says, a keyboard by nature has to handle all the letters and numbers you key in, and therefore by nature has access to all of that data. So buyer beware.

On the other hand, it would be a Big Hairy News Release if any developer were stupid enough to actually do this or let it happen. So, overall, just look at reviews and read up on the news for any keyboard you might want to research.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I was thinking the go keyboards, or swype. Are they safe?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lou1210 View Post
    I was thinking the go keyboards, or swype. Are they safe?
    As far as I have (or should I say, haven't) heard.

BTW, I highly recommend SwiftKey. Swype is interesting the way it works and all, but I find Swiftkey more efficient and with fewer errors.

ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

+1 on SwiftKey it's very intuitive almost like it reads your mind. I've typed a sentences in as little as three more letters than words in the sentence.

I will give another +1 to SwiftKey, I have typed texts just keying in the first letter of the first word and SwiftKey did the rest. Was floored the first time it happened.

ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

Swiftkey for me as well, it's great!

I'm a Smart Keyboard fan myself but Swiftkey is a good one also..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

I kind of like this Slide it keyboard I've been using. I have big fingers so the slider is really nice. I just wish the space bar was wider.