Engadget Poll

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The Engadget poll for best (and worst) of 2011 is up. Unfortunately in the "Worst Gadget" category they list the Tbolt!! So hurry over and vote for one of the real lemons like the Playbook or the TouchPad.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
who came up with that listing anyway? some dweeb at Engadget? The Tbolt is such an easy target, primarily because it's the flagship 4G phone for the Best Carrier out there! there are tons of 4G phones with reportedly horrific battery life. one would think that the Tbolt is the ONLY one with this issue. when I started my research back in June, I thought it was, but this is why you need to RESEARCH. one review is not enough to get a good gauge on any item from the internet. for 5 solid months, I researched this issue with three different vzw phones, and finally settled on the Tbolt. granted, Engadget doesn't mention WHY an item made a particular list, but it's probably a safe bet the Tbolt's issue is the battery life. what else could it be?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually,
I have no real issues with the battery (it is like the fuel tank on my motorcycle, I always would like more, but even with a larger one, I will occasionally let it run dry.)

BUT, as much as I like my Thunderbolt, you must admit, HTC did deliver a couple of seriously flawed software updates. Most notably the one that causes some phones to reboot constantly. I saw it, but it was minor for me. If I had the constant reboot back then, I still would have a mistrust of the Thunderbolt, and maybe HTC in general.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually,
I have no real issues with the battery (it is like the fuel tank on my motorcycle, I always would like more, but even with a larger one, I will occasionally let it run dry.)

BUT, as much as I like my Thunderbolt, you must admit, HTC did deliver a couple of seriously flawed software updates. Most notably the one that causes some phones to reboot constantly. I saw it, but it was minor for me. If I had the constant reboot back then, I still would have a mistrust of the Thunderbolt, and maybe HTC in general.
The GNex appears to having way more reboot issues than the TBolt ever did.

-Frank

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt they listed as worst is not the same one I'm using. This Thunderbolt has been awesome! I doubt anyone there had this phone. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa