Vlingo, thunderbolt and bluetooth

tiggervd

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been successful with using Vlingo, their thunderbolt and a bluetooth headset...I have tried 3 headsets. I was hoping my Plantronics would work, but no luck...so I bought a Jabra,,one that was suppose to work..I can hear Vlingo thru the headset, but Vlingo does not appear to hear me when I speak. I then bought a Blueant Q2...this one also is suppose to work with Vlingo.....I can't figure out why it seems to work then all of a sudden stops. Same thing, all of a sudden when I speak, it doesn't seem to hear anything I say either thru the bluetooth or if I hold the phone and speak directly into the phone. I can hear text messages thru the bluetooth coming in, but if I say call home for example...it tells me (which I can hear thru the bluetooth) it did not hear what I said....very frustrating...I was hoping to find something I could use in the car so I wouldn't have to be fooling with the phone. I started with Verizon customer service...I asked if the Thunderbolt supported voice commands over bluetooth...I was told by the person I spoke with they could not find anything that referenced it, so probably not. I called Blueant and was told basically the same thing...it did not appear the Thunderbolt supported this feature, so I would probably have to use a third party app like Vlingo....I wish I could figure out how!! Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have jawbone icon Bluetooth. I don't use vlingo but it works with my voice commands

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried Vlingo and it didn't work on mine either. I did some searching, and got the impression that it doesn't work on many phones at all. I ended up using SpeakToIt, which I like better anyway.
But in the end, they are all a novelty. Not accurate enough.

tiggervd

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I've deleted Vlingo.....I was like a crazy obsessed person buying all these headsets and spending hours trying to get it to work....my kids were tired of hearing me say " heh Vlingo" trying to get it to engage....it worked great without the headset, but the whole purpose of having it was to use it in the car with the bluetooth. I did notice that once the bluetooth was turned on none of the apps I have that I can speak voice commands to worked....couldn't hear me....so I'm still not sure if it's the phone or the headsets....or maybe there is some setting I forgot to turn on....I'm going to go lie down now....I give up ....at least for today.

480volts

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Motospeak only works with Motorola devices. Starting to wonder if its the phone and or Bluetooth. Does ICS work any better on those phones that have it. Maybe its Gingerbread.

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My vlingo works with every headset I have used. I have never had a problem with it.Did you check all the settings needed in the vlingo app and also the voice input & output settings under the phones menu settings?

tiggervd

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Does Vlingo actually hear you through your headset? What's funny, is Vlingo is suppose to work with this particular headset...I believe Blueant had a partnership or something with Vlingo at one time....for what ever reason I do not think that is the case.....when you use Vlingo, is it hearing you through the headset? At first I thought it was working, then it wasn't. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere I am missing?

tiggervd

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well here's the strange thing...I downloaded Vlingo again....decided to give it another try....at first it seems to be working great. I use the in car feature...tell it to send a text, call my Mom...working fine...then all of a sudden, and this what seems to happen on everytime...I tell Vlingo to send a text message....and it sits there....it's listening and it's listening and it's listening....I cancel, try again. Same thing. I can't figure out why it just stops working all of a sudden. Like all of a sudden it cannot hear me thru the bluetooth.