Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC: ThunderBolt getting ICS before the end of the month (August)

Official HTC just answered someone's [mostly incoherent] .

Q: Any update on the thunderbolt getting ics i bought this phone as the first 4g phone and yet we are all the last to get tue update can anyone give me a definitive answer on when ill see this update

HTC: Yes, we still plan on updating it sometime before the end of the month.
    Last edited by paulmike3; 08-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.

ROM
    Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC 4.9

Wow. Can't believe more people haven't replied to this. That sounds great!! All those gottabemobile.com posts last week drawing conclusions that the thunderboltbolt wouldn't get ICS because the HTC desire wasn't getting it... Screw that. I'm still hopeful. If it isn't here by Sept I give up. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: HTC: ThunderBolt getting ICS before the end of the month (Aug

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    Official HTC just answered a .
    Q: Any update on the thunderbolt getting ics i bought this phone as the first 4g phone and yet we are all the last to get the update can anyone give me a definitive answer on when ill see this update

HTC: Yes, we still plan on updating it sometime before the end of the month.
    I'll believe this when I see it. Seriously. You can only see stuff like this be posted so many times before you realize that 99% of the time is just doesn't happen. Not blaming you OP, just commenting based on my own experience.

Being the first 4G shouldn't have anything to do with it's priority for getting ICS, in fact if anything it's a hinderance, since OEMs and carriers are gonna push to get the more recent phones (you know, the ones people are spending money on) updated first. Your phone came with Froyo, you already got major update to GB...and given how rapidly smartphone technology is moving that's about the most you probably *should* expect unless you like to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wlaw422 View Post
    Wow. Can't believe more people haven't replied to this. That sounds great!! All those gottabemobile.com posts last week drawing conclusions that the thunderboltbolt wouldn't get ICS because the HTC desire wasn't getting it... Screw that. I'm still hopeful. If it isn't here by Sept I give up. Thanks for the post!

Agree it will be awesome if it happens... My prediction is that I'll be due for a new phone upgrade (Nov) before this update sees the light of day. Either way, I'll be happy.

Again sorry, not trying to be a downer, just a realist.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

LEAK LEAK LEAK!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

will i be able to get this update even though my phone is rooted? i only recently rooted, buttoday when i tried to go back to the point just before i changed the rom, my phone went into a boot loop. so i had to go back to the current rom. as far as i know, all the original bloatware is still on my phone

I'm happy!!

Viper - No. Once you root, you don't get updates. You would want to find a rom that has the lastest updates included, so you have the best of both worlds. Getting your updates from a custom rom, and having a custom rom on a phone in your control. Maybe even debloated. :-)

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Is "debloated" really better? I installed a Rom I loved the other nite, but I couldn't even get my contacts back had to flash backwards.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rapboymix View Post
    I'm happy!!
    I'm Sneezy... Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go....
    Last edited by ggrr8t; 08-03-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    hannsoft likes this.

Well, at least its something.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I'm gonna have my Thunderbolt for at least 5 more months ICS or not. If it shows great if it don't I'll move on.

sounds like the typical company line. here we are @ august 1st-ish, and they say "sometime" before the end of the month. I won't be holding my breath. thanks for the optimism anyway, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    I'm gonna have my Thunderbolt for at least 5 more months ICS or not. If it shows great if it don't I'll move on.
    +1
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    Is "debloated" really better? I installed a Rom I loved the other nite, but I couldn't even get my contacts back had to flash backwards.

I really suggest spending sometime reading and learning about custom ROMs. It prolly was not the ROMs fault you could not get your contacts back, did you make a back up of them in gmail first? Thats the easiest way to get your contacts is to sync with gmail. Next if you have rooted but not installed a custom ROM then yes you will receive any OTA pushed, and yes it will mess your phone up, if you want a stock experience then find a stock debloated ROM to run, that will not let you get an OTA(note all custom ROMs block OTAs).

Has a tbolt ota ever been released before an ruu leaked?
    Lovin' My Phone

My sister has a Thunderbolt and I sure hope you all get the update!
    ~Janet~

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    sounds like the typical company line. here we are @ august 1st-ish, and they say "sometime" before the end of the month. I won't be holding my breath. thanks for the optimism anyway, OP.
    ++1.525
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    I really suggest spending sometime reading and learning about custom ROMs. It prolly was not the ROMs fault you could not get your contacts back, did you make a back up of them in gmail first? Thats the easiest way to get your contacts is to sync with gmail. Next if you have rooted but not installed a custom ROM then yes you will receive any OTA pushed, and yes it will mess your phone up, if you want a stock experience then find a stock debloated ROM to run, that will not let you get an OTA(note all custom ROMs block OTAs).
    Yes I had backed up contacts and I've changed roms several times and that was the only time I had an issue

Right now I'm running killasense 3.7.19 stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Has a tbolt ota ever been released before an ruu leaked?
    Not that i'm aware of. Had my phone since before the first OTA (about a month after release) and I've installed almost all the RUU leaks. Can't recall any OTAs that weren't leaked first.

My anticipation died already and it came to a point where I'd rather settle with my Nexus 7 to enjoy true/pure android experience while my Thunderbolt became an internet modem for my N7.

Personally I don't think ICS is worth it because I think it would only make my TB sluggish and laggy than it already is. I'd rather skip ICS and move onto Jelly Bean, but that's not gonna happen =(

Quote Originally Posted by lochmox View Post
    My anticipation died already and it came to a point where I'd rather settle with my Nexus 7 to enjoy true/pure android experience while my Thunderbolt became an internet modem for my N7.

Personally I don't think ICS is worth it because I think it would only make my TB sluggish and laggy than it already is. I'd rather skip ICS and move onto Jelly Bean, but that's not gonna happen =(
    Or the opposite could happen and performance could improve. Anything would be an improvement over the last OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by lochmox View Post

Apparently the Rezound is flying now after their ICS update, I'd be surprised if it made the TB sluggish.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherSN92 View Post
    Apparently the Rezound is flying now after their ICS update, I'd be surprised if it made the TB sluggish.
    That's most likely due to multi-core processor support built into ICS that allows it to fully utilize the Rezound's dual core processors. The same cannot be said for the single core Thunderbolt. In general, newer operating systems rarely run better on older hardware. So best case, the Thunderbolt runs ICS as well as it currently runs on Gingerbread, worse case, it lags a bit.

I don't think it'll be sluggish. I also think ics has much better memory management.

עם ישראל חי
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast