Potential Data Drop Fix

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the data drop issues that many people have, most noticable on FB, but also happened on other apps that use data (Foursquare, Dolphin, etc). Per a recent XDA thread suggestion, I uninstalled FB completely, and it appears to have improved my data drop issues significantly. Now using Fast for FB as my FB app.

Could be wishful thinking since it's still too early to really say, but others might have success with this.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the Facebook app is the cause. It could exacerbate the issue though. Myself, I've never had it installed and still occasionally experience the data drop issue. When it does occur, it's never specific to any app, just happens regardless of what I'm doing on the phone.

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had simiiar issues with Facebook. Installed the data toggle app. Move to 3G when this happens and able to access much more quickly.

Mont Hall

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This may sound like wishful thinking, or some magical fix, but I noticed that when I had wifi on but not even connected to a network, still using 4g data, the connectivity was great. Once I turned wifi off I started having the drop issues again. So to test my theory I have kept wifi on this week but never connected to any wifi networks...my phone HAS NOT dropped 4g connectivity even one time this week. Call me crazy,...give it a try and get back at me so I can gauge my sanity.

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like wishful thinking, or some magical fix, but I noticed that when I had wifi on but not even connected to a network, still using 4g data, the connectivity was great. Once I turned wifi off I started having the drop issues again. So to test my theory I have kept wifi on this week but never connected to any wifi networks...my phone HAS NOT dropped 4g connectivity even one time this week. Call me crazy,...give it a try and get back at me so I can gauge my sanity.

I recently changed to a tiered data plan so I started using wifi. Soon after I started having data drop issues. I think you hit the nail on the head because if I turn off wifi, 4g comes and goes like crazy. I decided to just leave wifi on and now i have no data droppage at all. Its just like old times.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This did not fix the data issues for me, infarct it is even worse...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Didn't help me, still get the occasional bout of random data drops. Wonder what effect though leaving Wi-Fi on all the time could have on battery life as I noticed it's constantly scanning for Wi-Fi networks to connect to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty