Thinking about getting a tbolt..

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about the Bionic, but I'm pretty sure TB is worse than the Bionic across the board. Battery life worse, screen size smaller, data drop tilt, etc.

I'd suggest the Rezound perhaps instead.

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a thunderbolt as I'm just bored of my bionic. Can anyone convince me to get one or not? Prod and cons vs bionic? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the kickstand and I like the ability to talk and surf the internet at the same time. Not a lot of Verizon phones have these features. I never had some of the problems that others have complained about with this phone. Mine has been rock solid. The battery life isn't the greatest especially if you have 4g in your area. I bought the extended battery and am very happy with it.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
while I am impressed with my Tbolt, I'm counting the days I can upgrade, even at the cost of losing unlimited data. it just does some really weird things at times that would make less patient people fire it into a wall. when it works, it works really great, but when it doesn't...I could eat a brick. at this point in time, i would adviise against buying one. I'd rather upgrade to the SII, if verizon had it......

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I say go for it! I think a lot of people that had their Tbolt for a year or longer would say not to get it. I've only had it since last December and missed the problems that early Tbolt owners had. It's been good to me...especially since I'm rooted and still running .9 which is nice. Get a Rezound battery if do get a Tbolt. It fits perfectly and is better than the stock battery. Yes there are phones with bigger screens, but the display on the Tbolt is gorgeous.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I love my Bolt, but I haven't used the Bionic. If it was me, I'd hold off until the end of the year before I bought a new phone. Of course, if it's not gonna cost you anything, then sure, make the move. Be sure to get a bigger battery though. I use the extended battery and never worry about it during the day, but if you don't want to turn the phone into a brick, get the Rezound battery. If you plan on rooting, I have to think the Bolt has WAY more ROMs to play with. However, if you're not going to root, going from the Bionic to the Bolt just seems like a lateral move.