Why is Amazon Wireless so much cheaper?

elindquist1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So I have been counting down the days until I can upgrade and have started the early work of researching and pricing, etc. I am giddy with the thought of getting rid of this pos.

Example - Why is it that a $299 phone on the Verizon website (Razr Maxx HD) is $174.99 on amazon? Why would anyone buy direct from Verizon if this is the case?

Another - Galaxy S3, $199 vs $124.99.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but with so many people have upgrades soon, thought this should be of interest.

Has anyone had any issues with buying from Amazon?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
So I have been counting down the days until I can upgrade and have started the early work of researching and pricing, etc. I am giddy with the thought of getting rid of this pos.

Example - Why is it that a $299 phone on the Verizon website (Razr Maxx HD) is $174.99 on amazon? Why would anyone buy direct from Verizon if this is the case?

Another - Galaxy S3, $199 vs $124.99.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but with so many people have upgrades soon, thought this should be of interest.

Has anyone had any issues with buying from Amazon?

Because Amazon and the other third party people gives us back some of the commission VZW pays for the phone sale. That's why they're cheaper.

I just bought the Razr Maxx HD and a Razr M for my wife from Amazon. Worked perfectly. Amazon even back credited $25 for the Maxx HD because they dropped the price 13 days later to the current $175 from the $200 I paid.

The only two downsides... There are no exchanges with Amazon. Just returns. So if you're not sure of the phone, you'll have to send it back and CANCEL the upgrade/new line/whatever. All kinds of stuff can go wrong on the VZW side if you have to do that. Second downside is if you cancel the line within 181 days of activation, Amazon will hit you with a $250 fee on TOP of the fee you'll pay to VZW for the ETF.

AmazonWireless

Amazon claims just a cancellation of the line will trigger the fee. Wirelfy says that PLUS even moving the device off the line to another line even on the same plan will potentially trigger the same add on penalty.

That said, I researched the hell out of the phones we wanted. Thus, I have no expectations of needing an exchange or a return.

If you just want to try out a phone to see if you like it using a 3rd party can work, but could also be a pain in the ass.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy price matches Amazon, so ignore all the downsides of buying at Amazon, print out the page with the price and go to Best Buy to buy the Maxx.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty