Thunderbolt Specs: a look at what's inside (1.2 GHz Dual-core)

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that would be great if it pans out eventually. Don't think we will see these specs for a Jan drop, but we'll see what CES holds for us.

joshjelden

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
well crap...that bubble was burst really quick with this:
Update:
Well, we hate to burst your bubble, but MobileTechWorld has pointed out that the beefy MSM8960 chip these specs report the Thunderbolt as running won't be a possibility at the time the phone would likely start shipping. The availability of the MSM8960 to hardware designers won't even begin until next year, meaning it should be much later before we see it in any phones. And if that's wrong, who knows about the rest of these Thunderbolt details?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I talked to Verizon tech support the other day, and she said that there ARE LTE phones coming in Jan. We shall see. I'm happy with my DX for now. I am willing to wait for a bit.

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds too good to be true. as much as i want it to be i dont think i can believe it till i see it. I almost wish i didnt see that post now i will be hoping for too much from one phone :(

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks promising, you think the Evo here, oops..I meant the Thunderbolt here will have some battery issues similar to his cousin the Incredible?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My brain nearly exploded when I saw these specs. They are possibly, but not this early. I wasn't expecting the 3rd Gen Snapdragons until Q2 atleast, I'm not too sure I believe this 100% yet. However, if these specs are true, I will switch to Verizon without hesitation.

I'm really loving my MT4G too. :(

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
it could be a vent but who knows would be nice if this were equipped with a dual core but i doubt it guess we will see next week

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't see that screen being a vent,especially with the kickstand blocking it closed most of the time. These specs sound more like a "wish list" than the DOLT's actual design.I'm realistically expecting an improved EVO,which will make me happy enough.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If this thing does have a 1.2 GHz DC cpu, and a 5mp front facing camera, wouldn't that be in line with the specs released for the HTC Scorpion this summer?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana