additional charge for 4g?

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here. As much as I want the TB I will not be getting it if I have to pay an extra $15... Ill pass and just get another 3g phone.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I would bet that he's guessing about that number, but I figured $10/mo would be standard. I'm planning on waiting till Bionic comes out to make a decision.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would bet that he's guessing about that number, but I figured $10/mo would be standard. I'm planning on waiting till Bionic comes out to make a decision.

It better be $10.......or less. $45 a month for data on a phone (regardless of the speed) is absolutely rediculous. They better not be expecting many 4G customers if that's indeed the charge. That price would almost feel insulting. I could go to Sprint or T-Mobile for a fraction of that for 4G.

Doubtful, but maybe Panda was thinking of mobile hotspot, which I would guess would be around $10-15 a month. *fingers crossed*

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If they charge an additional 15 people are going to the competitor. That us what is happening with fios. They have great quality but after all of the taxes and fees there is a significant difference in cost.

With that said, you get what you pay for.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This definitely has me considering a switch to Sprint or T-Mobile, but I'll wait until the pricing is officially announced before I decide.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am willing to pay for the performance, but NOT until its actually in my market. Why should I be required to pay a tariff to Verizon when I have no ability to access 4G until EOY in my market. Even if I traveled I a few times a year I couldn't justify the cost. 3G plan until 4G hits your market.

Don't forget long term we will see more and more 4G phones with 3G being relegated to lower end if not feature phones.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
30 dollar data plan, plus 15 dollars for LTE, plus 10 dollars for a reasonable amount of texts, plus whatever your calling plan is, is waaay too much.

Sup t mo, wish u had better coverage where i live

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Doubtful, but maybe Panda was thinking of mobile hotspot, which I would guess would be around $10-15 a month. *fingers crossed*

For some reason I have a feeling that the hotspot feature will be free, simply because the data plans on LTE will most likely by capped. So what do they care if you decide to share your 5gb with 8 other people.. you would hit your cap in an hour and then you will just have to pay another $10 per gb... There is way more money in it for vzw by doing it that way.

Just my thoughts and guesses. What do you think?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I have a feeling that the hotspot feature will be free, simply because the data plans on LTE will most likely by capped. So what do they care if you decide to share your 5gb with 8 other people.. you would hit your cap in an hour and then you will just have to pay another $10 per gb... There is way more money in it for vzw by doing it that way.

Hotspot for free? LOL, that's a bigtime negative, ghostrider.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Carriers see it much different than consumers. Look at current tethering and hotspot plans are setup. You may currently have and be grandfathered into unlimited data with some carriers, but if you wanna add tethering or hotspot, you get suckered into a capped plan AND a new charge. Such a joke how we get manhandled by the money mongers. Thank God for rooting and jailbreaking. :'(

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If they charge a high enough 4G premium, they will ensure that their network stays speedy...because hardly anyone will be on it :-/

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It's simple. Im on unlimited. If Fake Jesus is right and they keep the unlimited plan the same, i have no issue. But if it cost more, im probably going to the iphone. Im not going to pay extra for a service i can't even use. Makes no sense. As much as i like Android, Verizon is kidding themselves.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i hope im right lol. tho im starting to have doubts. if verizon kept it unlimited they would have people flocking to it. but tiered an capped data scares people away. but the average consumer doesnt complain because they dont use phones for tethering an streaming tons of content an they can save money. but i think they should def keep unlimited as an option. i dont mind paying $10 premium as long as im not capped. but i also get a 30% my monthly bill due to my work partnership discount. not to rub it in anyones face haha

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I used to say the same thing about android when i had my blackberry. Getting an android phone has taught me never to say never.

Well i'd be willing to bet you didn't ever own a different device with android prior to saying you'd never use android. I did have an ipod touch, and I would cary it and my WM6.5 Touch Pro around everywhere I went... I hated iOS, i even had it jailbroken with custom everything, it was just so boring! The only reason i kept it around was because it was great at one thing: playing music, which WM 6.5 was NOT! Haha.

Needless to say, the week android came out on verizon (droid) I jumped ship, ditched the WM6.5 and ditched the ipod touch =)

I can say that for sure, I will never own another WM device or another iOS device. Period.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i will prolly never get another iphone again. this 3g is horrible. when the 3g came out sure there wasnt much out maybe the og droid an g1 wat have you. but less than a year into my contract.....i didnt want it anymore. iv had it jailbroke 3/4 of time with it. an its still no were near android. sure the iphone4 is alot better on specs. but the os is garbage. cool folders. cool it took 4 phones to have wallpaper? an its not true multi tasking. trust me. stand in a store an play with the phone for an hour an tell me if you dont fall asleep. im not a android fanboy nor do i hate apple. i hate ios. i love macbook. the iphone hardware is nice handset. its the ios that kills that phone.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
i hate ios. i love macbook. the iphone hardware is nice handset. its the ios that kills that phone.

Yep, I think apple makes stand out laptops, I'm on my 17" macbook pro right now. For a 17" laptop, with the specs it has, no other company makes one as thin, light or power efficient, period.

iOS = crap. I still think it's just a glorified ipod.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana