verizon early upgrade question??

whoppes27

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a policy question that no one can seem to answer, not even verizon themselves. I've been told something different everytime I ask. I currently have the Droid 1 I bought on launch day (nov. 6th) I am eligible for an early upgrade and my NE2 is in july. I am also looking forward to the possible one day (maybe) launch of the thunderbolt like everyone else here. ok, heres my deal. I want to use my early upgrade to buy the thunderbolt when it launches, but I want to sign a 1yr contract when I do. Now, I've been told by 2 verizon employees that yes I can sign whatever contract I would like, and I've been told by 2 others no, if I use my early upgrade from a 2yr contract I am required to re-sign another 2yr contract. I understand if I use my early upgrade I am waiving my NE2 discount and will never have one again, thats fine by me. I just want my thunderbolt on a 1yr contract on launch day. Can anyone clarify??? It'll break my heart if I have to wait till July! In my eyes, by me doing a early upgrade I am breaking my old contract and getting a new one, so I should be able to sign whichever I prefer. Any input would be great, thanks!!!

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
it will sign a 2 year contract for the early upgrade...also, if you wait until July for the NE2, you must sign a 2 year to get the credit

whoppes27

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
it will sign a 2 year contract for the early upgrade...also, if you wait until July for the NE2, you must sign a 2 year to get the credit

Yes I understand to get my NE2 in july I would have to sign a 2yr. That part doesnt bother me cause theres no way Im going to wait that long. I guess to say it in a eaisier way is.....If I walk into a Verizon store on the 14th/18th/24th/28th whichever date it may be. Can I use my early upgrade for the thunderbolt and sign a 1yr contract and of course pay the 1yr pricing??

If in your answer your meaning was "no" and I didnt understand that I apolagize.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
He's correct on both counts. If you want to upgrade early: 12-20 months into your contract, you will need to sign a 2 year contract. It sucks but that's the official policy. So that means that you would need to wait officially until July before you could sign a 1 year contract. Of course, it doesn't hurt if you call and play dumb or just plead your case nicely. You may get lucky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays