LED Notification Light

skeed2

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know for certain if and where the LED notification light resides on this Thunderbolt? And will have it have multiple colors?

Thanks!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's in the top speaker, to the left side (hidden). I saw at least two colors in CES videos (green for sure when charging, and I think amber, but I don't recall).

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if NoLed will work on the phone? I have it on my fascinate and would rather use that than the normal notification light (brings back memories of my crackberry days)

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if NoLed will work on the phone? I have it on my fascinate and would rather use that than the normal notification light (brings back memories of my crackberry days)

It'll be hard to tell which software will work with the device and which software won't until we can get our hands on the device itself. So the answer to your question is: We don't know for 100% sure yet :p

You could try to ask blackmanx via twitter since he already has the device. But heads up: While he is normally very good about answering people's questions about the physical aspect of phones and their network, he usually doesn't answer questions about specific apps. But it's worth a shot, I suppose

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It'll be hard to tell which software will work with the device and which software won't until we can get our hands on the device itself. So the answer to your question is: We don't know for sure yet :p

You could try to ask blackmanx via twitter since he already has the device. But heads up: While he is normally very good about answering people's questions about the physical aspect of phones and their network, he usually doesn't answer questions about specific apps. But it's worth a shot, I suppose

It's a lot rarer than you might think that software built for Android would work on one 2.2 device and not another.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It's a lot rarer than you might think that software built for Android would work on one 2.2 device and not another.

Oh I agree with you completely on that. And HTC seems to be the most versatile and stable when it comes to software compatibility. I was only saying we can't give him a 100% guarantee until we get our hands on the phone, which is true :p

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh I agree with you completely on that. And HTC seems to be the most versatile and stable when it comes to software compatibility. I was only saying we can't give him a 100% guarantee until we get our hands on the phone, which is true :p

He's actualy a she :eek:

and thanks Chris :D

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
not sure if NoLED is the same thing here--

but on the Evo, we have a notification LED in the LEFT area of the speaker grill,
and a Wimax notifier in the RIGHT area that, with a special .apk, enables it to be used as a secondary notification.
advantage?
missed calls/charging/Email=left LED (blink red)
texts=right LED (customizable blink frequency and color variations)

hopefully this is a hidden gem in the TB as well

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

But apps that usually require root and deal with enabling/disabling hardware are the exception to this rule... as many times specific code or hacks must be added for new devices.

Perfect example, LED disabling apps. ;)

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
not sure if NoLED is the same thing here--

but on the Evo, we have a notification LED in the LEFT area of the speaker grill,
and a Wimax notifier in the RIGHT area that, with a special .apk, enables it to be used as a secondary notification.
advantage?
missed calls/charging/Email=left LED (blink red)
texts=right LED (customizable blink frequency and color variations)

hopefully this is a hidden gem in the TB as well

I had that on my blackberry, was able to customize the LED color.

I actually prefer NoLed, it's an app that puts customizable icons/colors on your led screen to notify you of a message (text, email, missed call, etc)

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent SMS on my Droid1 and it allows you to change the LED color to multiple different color options and you can also change the blink rate (slow-fast). Hopefully this will be usable on the TBolt as well.