People's experiences with BB vs Vzn retail stores?

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a mobile rep at BB tonight and also two reps at a Verizon store, and the BB person reiterated the 24th date. He mentioned they are the only ones still doing pre-orders, and they think it's because it will be exclusive at their store for the launch, which he speculates is also why everyone is stopping pre-orders. The Verizon reps gave me the "who knows" spiel.

Given the phone will be available eventually from both channels, what are people's experiences with purchasing phones from Best Buy? What about from Verizon stores? What have been people's experiences with warranty replacement issues, contract issues, etc?

The BB person mentioned that within the first year, if there were any warranty replacement issues, I would work directly with HTC, instead of with Verizon ( which I've done previously ). I've only purchased via Verizon stores, but am curious what others' experiences have been, either positive or negative.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I talked to a mobile rep at BB tonight and also two reps at a Verizon store, and the BB person reiterated the 24th date. He mentioned they are the only ones still doing pre-orders, and they think it's because it will be exclusive at their store for the launch, which he speculates is also why everyone is stopping pre-orders. The Verizon reps gave me the "who knows" spiel.

Given the phone will be available eventually from both channels, what are people's experiences with purchasing phones from Best Buy? What about from Verizon stores? What have been people's experiences with warranty replacement issues, contract issues, etc?

The BB person mentioned that within the first year, if there were any warranty replacement issues, I would work directly with HTC, instead of with Verizon ( which I've done previously ). I've only purchased via Verizon stores, but am curious what others' experiences have been, either positive or negative.

Best Buy WILL NOT be carrying the phone exclusively at launch. Verizon stores will sell it as well.

As for the store question; they're both really the same. The only difference used to be that Best Buy did instant rebates instead of Verizon's mail-in rebates, but Verizon no longer does that on phones over $150. Honestly, you might as well just go to Verizon if you want it. You'll be able to pick up a case right away, and they usually are a little bit quicker than BBM's reps.

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The BB person mentioned that within the first year, if there were any warranty replacement issues, I would work directly with HTC, instead of with Verizon ( which I've done previously )

Yet another case of a BB rep flat out lying through their teeth. Verizon either carries warranty replacements in the store, or overnight ships them for free. All warranty issues are dealt directly with Verizon, even if you buy at Best Buy.

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
BB is just another indirect verizon retailer (like costco, etc).

Personally, I only order from verizon's web site. Quick, and the phone always comes next morning. I just can't be arsed to drive to the store and then spend a while waiting for service there (its always so damn crowded around here). Web page order takes less than 5 minutes.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My VZW is about 6 blocks away, BB about 30-35mi. After the mess BB has made of this whole TB thing and because of the trip/mile/time to drive there, I plan to buy at VZW - actually I always have gotten my phones from a VZW corporate store but this one here is a Premium Retailer. After what zenit said above I just might order online, but not sure yet. IF the darn thing is in the store on Thursday I won't want to wait even one more day so I'll run down the street, LOL! I don't like hanging around waiting for deliveries that for me hardly ever come before after lunch and I'm a 2nd shift sleeper so I'm not going to want to have the phone delivered only to leave it sit on the table until I get home from work the next day. Yes, woman enough to admit my patience level on this phone is pretty close to being non-existent anymore.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Bought the wife the Fascinate at BB a few weeks ago and the only thing really all that different from the Verizon store was that they did they offered their own insurance. It was ten dollars a month directly charged to credit card and touted there was no deductible and you got a new phone if you used said insurance not a refurbished one

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Their warranty plan is a good option, plus the extra time to exchange the phone if you are not happy with your choice, or say another great 4G phone hits in a month.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Will the thunderbolt be available on Amazon, etc? California charges sales tax on the full 749.99, like hell I'm buying it in a brick and mortar store.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Will the thunderbolt be available on Amazon, etc? California charges sales tax on the full 749.99, like hell I'm buying it in a brick and mortar store.

Amazon had it up on their website for a period. They'll be selling it. And New York is trying to do the same thing =\

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Because my # isn't due an upgrade, I will be using a different number on my plan (my poor son) to upgrade to the TB. Best Buy can't do that in their system, or at least they couldn't do it when the INC came out. I will either go to Cellular Sales (partially owned by VZW) or to a corporate store. I prefer Cellular Sales because it is less crowded, but I will go where ever I have to.

Bryan

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have worked for an indirect and the phone is covered for 30days after that you deal with Verizon. I have also bought contract/phone with an indirect and same thing.........after 30 days Verizon takes care of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress