It'll be worth the wait

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
Just came back to my local Verizon store and got the chance to play with dummy unit they had. I have to say, I was getting annoyed with all these delays and rumored release dates..but after holding the phone, I immediately fell in love with the device. Granted it was the dummy unit but still the Thunderbolt. Didn't even want to talk to the reps about a release date, but one approached me and told me it'll be out within the next 2 weeks and that he has gone through some device training. Now let's get to the pics...

img2011022500032.jpg

img2011022500033.jpg

img2011022500034.jpg

img2011022500035.jpg

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
Lol, I don't need another paper weight. Once I get the real deal, my BlackBerry will be my paper weight. But I definitely can't wait to have my own working Thunderbolt...

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I bet the custom "Coming Soon . . ." was easier than ripping up the fake dates, or scratching dates off every time it missed, again. At this point, yeah I will get mine but I all of the spark is gone.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I swear that's the most beautiful handheld device I've ever seen.

If I didn't have a Nexus One with unlimited data on AT&T, I'd get the Thunderbolt at launch. I can't give up the Nexus' free wifi hotspot for use with my Xoom.

Any chance of using the Thunderbolt as a free wifi hotspot since it can be bought with an unlimited data plan?

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
lol for real raptor! Or they can go with a whiteboard with the dry erase marker-for the ever changing "alleged" dates! Gotta save them trees!

winthropboy41

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting these pics!!!

I just got a Motorola X and am going to send it back soon so I can pick one of these Thunderbolts up! I've only had a Motorola Droid and now the X...can anyone tell me how different HTC is from Motorola? In the meantime I'll check other forums to see if I can find that out...

Thanks!

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Last night I went into my local VZW store in Hillside, IL, I played with a Xoom for a while, waiting for one of the reps to get done to help me out with my Tbolt questions. (By the way, love Honeycomb, and the Xoom was pretty awesome, but I cant justify that much money for a wifi version of it, since i dont want a 2 year contract...) One of the reps finally got to me and tried to sell me on the Xoom I was messing with, and I pulled up the HTC Thunderbolt site on the Xoom and said, "I want that".
He of course explained to me it wasn't out, and didnt know when it was coming out, but that he was waiting for it as well. I asked if they had a dummy phone, and he immediately replied no. Soon after, and after chit chatting with the rep for a while, the manager, who I have known for years being a long time VZW customer, came up to say hi. I asked him for a dummy phone, and he immediately went to get it. I held that thing for about 5 mins.

Austin is right, the phone does just feel right. I like it. I can't wait for this thing to come out.

The manager couldnt give me an exact date of course, but was told last week at a launch event that it would be this next week (feb 28, March 3/4).

Having held it, I really...REALLY want this phone even more. Now we just need some official word from VZW.