Interesting AD I found!

ixse

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Alright, i'm pretty new to this forum, but I been waiting for this phone for a while also. I'was chillin in LA today, and came across a korean newspaper (dated 2/26).
In the middle of the newspaper, i found an AD regarding an seminar.
The seminar is about smart phones. and interestingly enough, it is being sponsored by both verizon and HTC.
Now the real interesting part to this is that they are doing raffle tickets, and lucky 6 winners get a free new Thunderbolt!! :eek:
and guess when the day is for the seminar? it says 3/3!! (meaning the phone has to be out prior to that day or on the day).
Also on the side of the AD, it states that there will be rep. from HTC explaining about their company and their new product!!
I know most people here can't read korean, but i've put some attached pictures i took with my phone today =P
hopefully the phone is coming out on monday..

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Very nice... doesn't necessarily mean the phone is coming out on that day but at least we're seeing some progress.
Anyone else speak Korean here that can confirm this? I have no clue what it says.. the only words I know are Verizon and HTC.:p

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Only concern is, a new VZW Store opened on the 12th I believe...well earlier this month, and they too raffled off a Tbolt. Winner must be pretty salty by now..

ixse

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
since there will be both HTC and verizon people involved, and the ad being pretty recent (past 24th)... we can only hope lol

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Having already sold my Fascinate and gone back to the OG for the interim, I would happily beta test the Thunderbolt, like, yesterday!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a good find but I think we are looking at least 2 more weeks before there is even a chance of this phone dropping.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping Google Goggles could translate it, but that's a big negative ghostrider. Does anyone know of an app that will translate Korean?

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I happen to BE korean (DAE HAN MIN GUK!!!) basically it's talking about a service provider (JW Wireless) having a smartphone seminar where they'll be raffling of the Thunderbolt and all are invited. I'm not sure exactly what the schedule is about but I'm assuming it's not just for your regular (even korean) customers.

BTW, this has nothing to do with HTC or the thunderbolt specifically, but I watch korean dramas and variety shows with the fam. And I'm seeing like 80-90% of people using an Android phone! The most common is the Samsung Galaxy S (with white cover). The only phone that I saw which I recognize was an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, but that was before the SGS came out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice find indeed. Hopefully this doesn't go the same way another raffle went last year where the Verizon promotion stated the winners were getting the HTC Merge only to later be told they were getting the HTC Incredible. That was a real nice oops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress