Limited Stock?

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright so BMX has stated that we're not looking at huge stock numbers on this phone, was also told by my local VZ store that they are showing limited stock for Thursday and aren't sure how many units they will get. Now I live in a town of about 60,000 and I'm not too terribly worried about not getting the Bolt if I show up at 9am and even if somehow there were already 20 people ahead of me when I got there I'm sure I could just order online or through telesales.
All that aside some folks here won't be getting the Bolt day one and with this Limited Stock being thrown around are we looking at another situation like with the Incredible where units were unavailable for weeks?
I know Ben5 mentioned that there were plenty available and there would be no need to preorder or be waiting in line when the sun comes up, so what changed? I just would hate be somehow miss the first shipments and be waiting around for days or weeks or god forbid a month while everyone else plays with their new shinny Bolts.
There was also a random post I came across in one of the threads saying it was stated at CES that the Bolt was only intended as a limited release phone thus there would only be a small number available. Now if this was the case I'm sure Ben5, BMX or someone else in the know would have made sure we were very aware of this before the Thursday launch so unless someone know's otherwise I'm just gonna toss this in the total BS pile.
So I guess after all that what I'm really getting at is, if the Bolt sells out when can we expect more?

-Mayhem

ChauncNJ

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you, I called BB earlier today, to ask what the procedure is regarding the fact, that I pre-ordered but work til 5pm. The sales rep said they won't know until tomorrow the exact amount they are getting in, and then it's strictly off the pre-order list.

I've waited since September for this, if I have to call in sick, I guess I will.

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've waited since September for this, if I have to call in sick, I guess I will.

I haven't been waiting as long, basically just before CES when it was still the Inc HD or Mecha but I'm done waiting and already informed my dept. manager that I'll be in late on Thursday. I'll have to use a few hours of my remaining vacation so I'm gonna be extremely pissed if I don't have a Bolt in hand by 9:30 am.

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
As I stated... store locations will not have many and expected to sell out online ... as for limited release that's complete bullpucks... I wouldn't camp out but I wouldn't get there 5 mins before closing looking to pick up a device...

Thanks for clearing that up Panda, as always your input is greatly appreciated :D

-Mayhem

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So do we have any idea what time they are going on sale Thursday?
The corporate store by me opens at 9. I would check the store locater and find out when your local store opens. And I gave them a call this morning asking if they thought I should go before or after class. And the guy suggested definitely before. Which I had previously assumed. He also assumed they'd have about 40 and would get accessories on the same truck

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a 9am appt at my local store so I'll be seen immediately no matter what the line. I live in Houston so I expect the store will have quite a few available.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
made my appointment at 7pm at verizon corp store, girl said they couldnt reserve/hold one but there is def enough, i asked if they already were there an she laughed an said well we got shipment, but either way cannot sell. she said trust me we wont sell out.

7pm due to work 8-6 :(

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Good info guys. Pets panda.

Pandas are usually dangerous. Good thing we have a tame one! ;)

funny-pictures-human-apologizes-to-panda1.jpg

jahe

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright so BMX has stated that we're not looking at huge stock numbers on this phone, was also told by my local VZ store that they are showing limited stock for Thursday and aren't sure how many units they will get. Now I live in a town of about 60,000 and I'm not too terribly worried about not getting the Bolt if I show up at 9am and even if somehow there were already 20 people ahead of me when I got there I'm sure I could just order online or through telesales.

Hmm... you're making me nervous. My nearest Verizon store is in a WI town of about 60,000, but I can't get there first thing Thursday. I hope you don't buy mine :eek:

bmw3wags

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I live in town of 16,000 so im not really worried about my store having much of a demand besides I called today and set up an appointment at 11am and the guy said he would hold a device for me. :) So I should be good to bolt in and out.

P7M8

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I went to the local Corp store today to ask about stock to make sure I wouldn't be empty handed on release day. They took my name and said they'd put one aside for me. I'll show up at opening time anyway but I won't plan on camping out.

I did get to play with one they had on hand. Really nice feel. I went to mediamp4.com and loaded up a movie clip. A 32 minute clip loaded up instantaneously. I was able to jump around to different parts of the clip with no lag. It was fast. I just hope the battery can hold up.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a buddy who manages one in Michigan town size of 40k and he told me today that they got 50 units to sell and 2 unit for display. I would think they should last close to a day here not sure about other locations.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

rotorocker

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
great...i ordered from wirefly at 530am eastern so 2 and a half hours after preorders started. This would explain why my tracking message changed on their website to

"Your order is nearly complete.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the phone you ordered is extremely popular. We receive shipments of additional phones daily and will fulfill out-of-stock orders in the order in which they were received.

Our telephone and chat agents have no further information. We will update this site as soon as we have more details on your particular order, including FedEx tracking information once your order is shipped."

I better be in the first shipment, I already have standard shipping as is

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Regardless I work 9pm to 5am this week. So come the 17th I will be waking up at 9am cleaning up and getting to best buy at 10am to get my pre-ordered Thunderbolt! I'm really hoping there isnt some sort of line there waiting to get it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I leave in a metro area of 5 Million, should i be worried?

I'm sure you have a few Verizon and BB stores too so I would bet you should be fine. You may need to call around if going later because some maybe sold out and remember in just guessing. To be safe be there in the first hour.