Exchange Subfolders Push Notification

ahart814

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know here if there is a way to AUTOMATICALLY sync Exchange Subfolders without the need for Touchdown, K9, etc...?

I do not want to have to have two sets of contacts (One for Touchdown and another that can sync with my car's bluetooth).

It would make life easier if I could receive push notifications on subfolders.

No other issues other than this.

Thank you in advance for the help!

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know here if there is a way to AUTOMATICALLY sync Exchange Subfolders without the need for Touchdown, K9, etc...?

I do not want to have to have two sets of contacts (One for Touchdown and another that can sync with my car's bluetooth).

It would make life easier if I could receive push notifications on subfolders.

No other issues other than this.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Touchdown does this and integrates into the phone contacts. It's my choice over others and has many more features than HTC mail which is the stock program.
forum.androidcentral.com/725108-post11.html

Last edited:

ahart814

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Touchdown does this and integrates into the phone contacts. It's my choice over others and has many more features than HTC mail which is the stock program.
forum.androidcentral.com/725108-post11.html

Are you sure it integrates with phone contacts in the main category?

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it integrates with phone contacts in the main category?

100% - I currently use TouchDown, this is why I know. Just make sure in TouchDown settings that you select copy contacts to phone. This was a major concern for me when switching touchdown and a relief that it works!

Last edited:

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was the only one that used delivery rules for sub folders and wanted push notification....

I'm going to try K9 first (free) as I already know touchdown works from the last D2 I used.

ahart814

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
100% - I currently use TouchDown, this is why I know. Just make sure in TouchDown settings that you select copy contacts to phone. This was a major concern for me when switching touchdown and a relief that it works!

Are there any downsides that I need to know about.......Things that bother you because this isnt a native phone app?

Do you think I will have a problem syncing the contacts that I copy with my car phonebook over bluetooth. A while back people complain about this because they were categorized as "unknown".

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Are there any downsides that I need to know about.......Things that bother you because this isnt a native phone app?

Do you think I will have a problem syncing the contacts that I copy with my car phonebook over bluetooth. A while back people complain about this because they were categorized as "unknown".

The only downside is that you can't use the Sense E-mail and Calendar widgets, but you can still use the People favorites. You would use the TD ones instead. As far as bluetooth sync, I don't see that it would be a problem.

All you got to do is get the 30day trial and you will know forsure if you like it...

Solson

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I use Touchdown for this reason. I have rules that sort my emails to sub folders. You can also use both if you want the sense calendar to update. When you set up the sense client you have the choice to update email, contacts and or calendar. Choose calendar only and use touchdown for email and contacts. I do this on my evo and I also use touchdown on my Xoom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38