Thunderbolt Problems & Solutions Tracker + Battery Tips 8/13/11

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure why all of you say leaving wifi on is the best option. I left my wifi on and it destroyed my battery this morning. I use spareparts and it said wifi was 74.4% of battery use. Is this legit?

trusteelfan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Battery help

My thunderbolt has been off the charger for over 4 hours now and im still around 90% battery. Here is what I have changed to make my battery last.
First I turned off the LTE service through the dialer instructions in this link.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/70282-how-turn-off-lte.html

Also under location in the settings I turned off the VZW location service. There are 3 location settings there. VZW, standalone GPS, and Google location.
That was all. It seems like the VZW location runs constantly.

I changed these setting yesterday afternoon and my battery lasted the rest of the day. I unplugged in again this morning around 4 hours ago and its still going strong. Someone try this and verify that it works.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The problem I am having now after root is, it will not find my location for updating the weather widget. The clock is sometimes 4-5 hours off until it finally refreshes. Any fix?

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody please help me figure out why it is that my Apple hands free earphones that I use to be able to speak through on my DInc does not work anymore....I turned bluetooth on and still people can't hear me on the other end. This is a huge necessity out here in L.A and with all the driving I do. Thank you in advance

tcidragon

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt has been off the charger for over 4 hours now and im still around 90% battery. Here is what I have changed to make my battery last.
First I turned off the LTE service through the dialer instructions in this link.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/70282-how-turn-off-lte.html

Also under location in the settings I turned off the VZW location service. There are 3 location settings there. VZW, standalone GPS, and Google location.
That was all. It seems like the VZW location runs constantly.

I changed these setting yesterday afternoon and my battery lasted the rest of the day. I unplugged in again this morning around 4 hours ago and its still going strong. Someone try this and verify that it works.

Gonna give this one a try and let you know. Don't see any reason to have 3 location services running anyway. GPS and Google should be ample. Thanks for the input.

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.....although I just don't get why there was no problem with my DInc. I have no problem ditching those headphones, which one's are any of you using that have been tested and would recommend?I really need a hands free and would preffer a cord connection, I don't like bluetooth's

I dont think apple plays nice with anything other than apple.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.....although I just don't get why there was no problem with my DInc. I have no problem ditching those headphones, which one's are any of you using that have been tested and would recommend?I really need a hands free and would preffer a cord connection, I don't like bluetooth's

Yeah, that is strange that it worked with the incredible and not the TB, however, it may just be a software issue/change. I personally dont use hands free headphones, sorry i couldnt be more help, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Reactions: bigkid123

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Accidentally locked out SIM card ; requires PUK code

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...dont-accidentally-lock-out-your-sim-card.html

No "solution" yet other than to get the PUK code from Verizon Wireless.

When the phone is locked out, you can make "Emergency Calls" to #s on the Emergency #s list. Not sure if this list can be editted somehow, but adding the Verizon support #s to it would be wise in case this ever happens to you.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe I have discovered something ~revolutionary~.

Everyone complains we can't charge while using the stand in a horizontal position, right?

When we're charging and using the phone, we're usually at a desk right?

Bottom right corner of desk. Stand out. Charging.

Huuur duuurr. Still stupid that the USB wasn't on the other side, but its usable.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is covered, and Leeblanc tried to help me...
NO matter where I go, it always says City A.
If I press the city, I'll see the weather and like 2/2 or 3/3.
The City I'm in, City B will say (Current) but it will never show on the screen. I work in A...but live in B. I can delete A as many times as I want...still reverts back to that.

I've always had Verizon location services enabled, and have let it sync from 1 hour to 3 hours....and it never changes on my home screen.

The cities I want it to display, I can see them if I swipe up/down.
But...if I try to enter them by city name or zip code, it always says not found.

Any idea? No biggie..but it should work.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem when rebooting the phone, I lose about 22%, I restarted and went from 41% to 19% in a minute. I guessing it's not reading the value correctly but can't be sure. Anyone else?

Reactions: JBundles

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Problem: can't use that sweet kickstand while the phone's plugged in.
Solution: flip phone over. It won't take much to have the kickstand retract but it you're using it for movies or a desk clock it should work fine.

Problem: Blockbuster automatically updates even when I've never opened it up chewing through batter like a mother.
Solution: open blockbuster and counter intuitively appease the need for a software update. At the blockbuster app's main menu hit your android menu button and hit settings. Near the bottom of the settings page should be a "movie updates" feature enabled. Disable it. Voila. Free juice for all.

Problem: Quick boot is checked in settings > power but when I reboot it takes a minute!
Solution: That's because it's not quick booting. If you're in a 4G coverage area you've likely not run into this issue. If you're a poor soul like me who's graced with 3G you'll notice this issue. There seems to be some problem with 3G and quick boot. I'd say it has to do with software interfacing with the radio chipset but I'm no HTC engineer. Anyway the solution is as simple as disabling mobile data or connecting to a wi-fi network before you power off. I tried just turning on wi-fi without a network. This does not work.

Also neither of these solutions were mine obv, I just lurked some and found them. I felt they deserved a post here. At least those Blockbuster and quick boot solutions do for sure.

Last edited:

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So here is my thing I have widgets for mobile network Bluetooth wireless airplane mode gps and mobile hotspot I have read some where that the more widgets the more consumption of your battery but on the flip side my apps sync every 4 hrs I have a calendar all but one of my home screens are full shazamm and Google search widget bright about 25% could I get better battery life cutting out some of the widgets I'm getting good battery I just always want better

Mtkalimey

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's a newbie from Blackberry to Android.
Like the Android system better and bought the T-bolt.
Most of the problems have been noted but I think I have another one.
Has anyone else noticed the sound during a call? Specifically the voice on the other end cutting in and out usually 30 seconds into a call.
I have also noticed that every phone I have bought since my Blackberry 8830 has had a weaker cellular antenna! When I used to have 4 bars I now have 1 or 2. Same network just a hardware change to a supposed newer and better!
Otherwise, I also have all the problems that everyone else here has commented about.
I am almost tempted to go back to my BB until something better hits.