1st time Droid - A few questions!

peptoe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I know how to change my ringtone to a song I downloaded from my email. But I don't see this option for text/mms messages or email. Am I missing something?

Is there a way to set up a personalized ring/noise for email and text message?

Also, when the phone goes dark, anyway to still feel it go off? When my phone goes dark, it doesn't vibrate or make noise?

And finally - is there a way to set a custom profile? I see normal, silent, vibrate, is there a way to set it so certain things vibrate and others ring?

1st night with droid help!!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the ringtone is stored in the notification folder of your SD card. For custom profiles you will need to download a 3rd party app from the market.
You can use a file manager like Astro.. in the market or move/edit the files from your computer with the phone plugged in through USB.
Set up folders on the sd card for:
Ringtones
Notifications
Alarms
Movies
Videos
Pictures
Etc.....

Reactions: Green_Laser

peptoe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

How do I make sure to save the song on the SD Card? Not sure how to do that.

I can't plug it into my computer because I have a MAC and it says it won't work when I plug it in :(

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!

How do I make sure to save the song on the SD Card? Not sure how to do that.

I can't plug it into my computer because I have a MAC and it says it won't work when I plug it in :(

This thread should help you with your Mac issues (I was having them, too).

That said, when I transfer songs from my Mac via Bluetooth they automatically save on the SD card. Astro File Manager is a good app for checking that kinda stuff.

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38