I think i found what was causing my battery to die so fast

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
the problem is i don't know what it is exactly, under ALL in the manage apps section it is "PVWmdrmService", does anybody know what that might actually be? when the phone starts up it is running and my phone lasts like 6 hours just sitting even less if I use it. I force stopped it and I am now at about 16 hours unplugged and 68% battery left. If it is something I can delete I would love to but I have no clue what it is. HELP? thanks in advance

Reactions: Casey Cheung

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
the problem is i don't know what it is exactly, under ALL in the manage apps section it is "PVWmdrmService", does anybody know what that might actually be? when the phone starts up it is running and my phone lasts like 6 hours just sitting even less if I use it. I force stopped it and I am now at about 16 hours unplugged and 68% battery left. If it is something I can delete I would love to but I have no clue what it is. HELP? thanks in advance
hmm I see it running all the time in mine even when in idle battery goes down I would love to hear the response to this. Do you notice a change now that you have forced stopped it?

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the quick replies that is why i absolutely love this community, to the mods i guess you can close this thread down.

thanks again everybody

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me too... it has something to do with the blockbuster app. If you open that app, update it to the newest version, and then turn off automatic syncing in its settings it'll turn that service off. Or you can root and remove blockbuster altogether

By turning off automatic syncing, do you mean disable movie updates? I dont see an automatic syncing option.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually Verizon added the extra apps not HTC.

I also did the process to discontinue updates on it and battery life jumped.

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't that be great if the whole source of these battery issues is because of a crappy app forced on by a dying company? I wonder how sales have suffered because of battery concerns.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite sure sales have not suffered. All reports have been that the launch was super successful.

Also, remember that the large majority here even are not reporting battery life issues. It is a small portion of a small portion (as posters here are a small portion of the universe of android users) that are complaining vociferously.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
With Blockbuster going under why the hell is it installed to begin with. I realize that they may survive in some form or fashion but seriously put Netflix on there. I haven't touched that app and won't until I can get rooted.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It keeps showing up on my phone even though i have canceled updates and force closed it. Disappears for about an hour and then shows up.

*shrugs*

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I deleted everything I could off my phone, turned off every setting, turned the screen as low as I could and the battery life is much better. Now I'm going to start turning things on one by one and measuring the difference from the base. I'll keep you guys updated.

Dgomez242@comcast.net

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand this at all. It does not show up in my battery management at all. However, it shows running in the running services menu. In fact it shows that it has been running for 4 hours straight, yet it still does not show in the battery management.

I have been getting excellent battery life since I got the phone too. I wonder why it is draining battery on some phones while it does not on mine when it is clearly running non stop.

msf316

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My bettery life is bad to. I had to go pick up the extended battery. Its a little bulky but not that much. I can live with it. Today is my first day with it. So ill see how it goes tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress