Essential apps for Android noob?

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So i'm finally going to get the TB today. I want to know what are some good essentials you think I need. This is my first android/smartphone. I've been eyeing the ADW Launcher Pro EX, as I want to customize the UI. Any others you think I need?

Tnx

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Lets see...
I use the Zeam launcher, but Launcher Pro is a good one.
Pandora
Audiogalaxy(not enough space on phone for all my music so I stream it from my desktop)
IMDB
Shazam
Google Voice
ScoreCenter
Movies
TinyShark(free Groveshark app)

and those are probably all that I use EVERY day.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Lets see...
I use the Zeam launcher, but Launcher Pro is a good one.
Pandora
Audiogalaxy(not enough space on phone for all my music so I stream it from my desktop)
IMDB
Shazam
Google Voice
ScoreCenter
Movies
TinyShark(free Groveshark app)

and those are probably all that I use EVERY day.

Any idea how to get google voice to play nice with the Tbolt/Verizon? It told me I'm not compatible.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Any idea how to get google voice to play nice with the Tbolt/Verizon? It told me I'm not compatible.

Just keep going through the settings, it's compatible. Make sure you change the phone's voicemail settings in Settings > Call and dial the number if you haven't already. Mine works fine. I got the same prompt, but it still works :)

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
does AudioManager boost audio past current highest setting?

looking for an app that does that...any an app to help me with my microphone

im having trouble with Voice Commands working on car dock when I have the aux cable plugged in...i know the Mic wont work at all on calls but sometimes when using normal voice commands the mic wont pick it up when cable is in...

when aux cable out it works flawlessly

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sync w/ Itunes?

Are there any apps that allow you to sync with iTunes on your PC?

I know that there is some animosity with Apple in general and iPhones in particular, but I have about 1800 songs on my PC and iTouch in iTunes, and except for about 15, all imported from CDs. I'd hate to have to rip everything again to an mp3 format to play them on a TB.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are there any apps that allow you to sync with iTunes on your PC?

I know that there is some animosity with Apple in general and iPhones in particular, but I have about 1800 songs on my PC and iTouch in iTunes, and except for about 15, all imported from CDs. I'd hate to have to rip everything again to an mp3 format to play them on a TB.

I don't use it myself but I've seen people recommend DoubleTwist for this.