how to: turn off LTE

getulio85

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Another Way

You can just download the Phone Info App and toggle it via the Phone Information Tab. Just thought everybody should know. :) Good Luck!

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't you just take the 4G sim card out?

Who wants to be opening up the phone and taking the 4G card in and out all the time? I live and work in a 4G area and when i'm not doing much with the phone I'd like to be able to disable 4G to save the battery and then switch it back over to 4G when i'm more active on the phone. I certainly wouldn't want to be popping the 4G sim card in and out all the time.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if 4636 stands for if anything? Just out of curiosity. Is it like the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* ?

INFO

Works on just about any Android phone I believe; it's a neat screen to look around in for the curious ones :)

EDIT: Oops, never mind. Didn't notice page 2 on this topic where this was already answered!

Furiouso

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This method is already posted in the "Problem and Solution Tracker" sticky and can also be found in your user manual.
You can also download an app called "Phone Info by Zarack" to turn off 4G until the app developers get us a better widget for toggling 4G/3G.

I've searched for the app "Phone info" and "Phone info by Zarack" but haven't phone anything in the market or on the net. would you mind sharing a link or providing a little more info?

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought that it was a bit odd that Verizon didn't give us a toggle fo 4G. On the other hand what's the difference it does not use more power its just an additional band the phone can use no different than 1x 2x so why not have it on?

Because LTE data utilizes more power than CDMA 3g.... It's not the switching that's draining the battery.

My phone has exhibited remarkable improvement after turning the LTE off.