So I emailed HTC regarding the battery life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Eh. One of the processes that provides updates for Blockbuster was, but it wouldn't be identifiable as Blockbuster.

True dat. I had already turned off the blockbuster updates, and uninstalled CityID. The blockbuster app was a major user of CPU cycles on day 1. I see the app loading in running processes, but now it's not using any CPU AFAIK.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Quantify,

You say you've set the brightness widget to 0 10 30 and auto...which widget is this? Because I used the one that HTC provides and there is only 3 settings. Reason why I ask is because I would like to set the 1st setting a little lower in terms of brightness than the default.

Also try brightness level by curvefish

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I Came across backlight widget by phoenix as well. I kinda like how you're able to change the value in terms of brightness according to your preferences and acts as a toggle switch also

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have definately seen a improvment in life over the days. I usually check whats eating the battery the quickest and get rid of it or just lower that setting. I unplugged my phone at 3 and worked with a quit a bit of usage all the way to 12:30 and even then it was at 15%. I also turned off the LTE so idk if that had anything to do with battery life.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually HTCs reply makes sense. Android does log information on usage times and cycles and use it to try to reduce power drain.

Also, you should perform the Blockbuster fix (described elsewhere - it takes about 20 seconds) and adjust Accounts - Sync so that only the stuff you really use is Syncing a lot.

I did just this stuff and now battery drain rate is 1% every 5.5 minutes (which translates to a bit over 9 hours - and that is with heavy usage and display cranked up).

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
half price/free extended batteries???

you have to call and *****!!!! this was made with the incredible and a bunch of people got half the price or even free extended batteries. but u cant call yet i dont think there selling extended ones for the tb just yet

Would one have to call HTC or Verizon to complain about the battery, and possibly get the 1/2 off or even a free battery? I'm on day 2 and my phone seemed like it died way quicker today than day one. I've added the brightness and power widgets to my main homescreen to help toggle power settings, so we'll see with day 3.

Any insight from anyone?? Upstreammiami do you have any knowledge of what happened with the incredible and those people in terms of half price of free extended batteries?

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just my $.02 worth. I got my TB on Monday and had ordered the extended battery. Over the weekend I was really happy about the big battery. When I got it I put the big battery on. I don't mind the extra size, but I thought after I finish all the setting up and playing maybe I could use the small battery. Also with the big battery I left the brightness on auto and the only other "battery saver" thing I did was the Blockbuster deal. I use my phone for business and pleasure. I get a few emails and calls and texts a day. Some days are more than others. Today was about average. I don't know where to go to get the breakdown of usage either. I leave the phone charging all night and turn on at 5:45 AM. It is now 4PM Maui time and my extended battery is showing 56% left. I am sure on the little battery it would be dead by now. My thought is if this phone has heavy business, the only good option is the big battery. I don't want to change batteries during the day if I can help it. I am staying with the big battery and the little guy as a back up. For reference I am coming form a Storm 2 and I only had two regular batteries. There were days that I would need to use the back up battery. It really is an extended battery phone if you want to use everything IMHO.
Aloha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38