CarDock Shortcut Thunderbolt

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The frustration I have with the whole car dock thing is this: let me give you a scenario. Today, I'm driving and I'm on the phone. My TB is in its dock securely mounted on my dash. The car dock screen is up. The client I'm talking to wants to set an appointment. I pull up to a stop light, and try to access my calendar. It isn't an option in car dock. So I pull the notification bar down and "Tap to exit Car Home mode". My home screen launches, I look at my calendar and set an appointment. Now I have no way to get back to the Car Home mode without removing from the dock, and reinserting. THAT'S SO STUPID!

Thanks for the tip on AutomateIt. I need to check out both that and Tasker it sounds like.

Yeah, that does sound like both a pain and a common issue. I guess how I'd handle that is I'd quickly unplug my car charger and plug it back in (assuming you have AutomateIt installed and the car charger action is set to launch the Car Panel) OR I'd quickly hit the search button on the TB and either use the voice to text or type Car Panel to search for it and launch it manually on my phone.

Yeah, more steps than anyone wants to make... but at least easier than taking the phone out of the dock and re-inserting it. I guess your other option would be to use one of those 3rd party apps like Custom Car Home and put the Calendar in the car panel.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I've done screenshots on my xoom without root using the Andriod Software Development Kit (ASDK). It is kind of a pain to install it all just for a screen shot, but it does seem to work. I havne't tried it witht he thunderbolt yet, but I'll hook it up in a few and see if I can screen shot that way witht he thunderbolt too.

Yep.. just tried it. It works just as well with the thunderbolt as it does the xoom.

Dude, you missed a phone call. :D

chikmagnet

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a bit of a bump for this thread, but I noticed that no one mentioned it.
If you use a different launcher other than Sense (ie Launcher Pro, ADW, Open Home etc) Both Car Panel And Desktop Clock come up in the Launcher Drawer and you can add them as a shortcut to the home screen with the usual Long Press, drag and drop.

(Side Note - This is my first post YEEE :D)

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Car Mode Control (from the market) to access the stock car mode. Also Car Dock Home v3 is a decent customizable car mode system, but I tend to prefer the stock one most of the time.

Using a completely stock TB.