Screen Dim button??

zmarshall

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching through the forum but have yet to find anyone complaining about something I have noticed on my TB.

Is the top bottom to dim the screen made to be rather hard to push in or is mine just defective. Sometimes it seems like it works ok but other times I have to use my fingernail and push fairly hard to get the button to work.

Any other opinions on this?

want a droid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the power button. I've noticed mine is significantly deeper than it originally came. I've also noticed others claiming this problem, as well as reports of the same happening with other HTC phones. Unfortunately I don't think we can do anything about it. If you trade in for another I think the same thing will end up happening.

The buttons are flush with the phone.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
On mine, like all the buttons on the TBolt the power button is very nearly flush, but not quite. Personally, I like them that way. I have no issues using mine and it seems stable and secure. Same goes for the volume rocker.

I will say that there is one thing I have noticed about this phone that might cause someone to think the power button was not working right when it actually is. It behaves differently depending on if you are connected to an external power source, or not. If you're starting it "dry" from totally off it just needs a quick push and release. Other times, like when you are starting is with a charger cable plugged into an "off" phone, it seems to need a long push, until you feel the vibrate. If you are turning it off it also seems to behave slight differently depending on if the charger is plugged in or not. Or, maybe I have some of that reversed :) That's the problem. I can never remember which case is which. But I don't think threre is a thing wrong with mine.

Bottom line, I have occasionally mistakenly assumed it was not doing anything after I pushed it only to have the phone start up after waiting awhile. It can be pretty confusing. I suspect a lot of the reported issues with the power button have to do with this design rather than a "bad button". I dunno... that's just my opinion. Certainly the button could be bad, but... also it may not.

I'd say, if you want to test your button, to try it multiple times using the exact same conditions and compare. If it always acts the same way under the same conditions, it's good.

-Frank

zmarshall

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I notice it most when I press it to turn the display on or off. Seems like sometimes the screen just doesn't want to shut off lol. It could be from me coming from a droid where the button was very easy to press to this where the button is like you said almost flush and a little firmer.

Just seems like to get the button to function I have to press to the point of where my finger is in slight discomfort. Think I will swing by the Verizon store and look at the display model and see if it feels the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana