Moving from Pre Plus (Verizon ) to Thunderbolt

zig123

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Tired of having to buy an ew phone for a software update; ie to get flash or webos 2 I need to buy a Pre 2 or wait for a Pre 3. At least android updates the phones you have.

My question is that my Pre syncs to a google acct and I understand the Thunderbolt also syncs to a google acct. Can I just use the same acct and have the Pre contacts etc go to the Thunderbolt??
Zig

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Tired of having to buy an ew phone for a software update; ie to get flash or webos 2 I need to buy a Pre 2 or wait for a Pre 3. At least android updates the phones you have.

My question is that my Pre syncs to a google acct and I understand the Thunderbolt also syncs to a google acct. Can I just use the same acct and have the Pre contacts etc go to the Thunderbolt??
Zig

Yes, when you activate, it asks for your gmail... just use the same account as your pre.

You can add more accounts. Just a heads up... don't let the rep activate the backup assistant on the TB when you buy it... just skip the setup. You can always activate later if you wish, but my daughter ended up with all kinds of duplicate contacts when they activated it on hers and she had to manually link them all up with her gmail contacts after we got home. I ended up doing a factory reset to skip the back up assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez