Im about to give up, do you guys have anymore suggestions?

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
These are my phone settings and things I have tried:

-Screen is on auto Brightness
-Only thing I have syncing are facebook, gmail, and twitter. Twitter and Facebook sync every like 4 hours.
- I have ZERO widgets that I use other than HTC clock widget, power control panel, and the HTC battery app that displays the % of battery you have left.
-All my screens are completely blank except for the "home" screen and the screens with the power widgets on them.
-I installed Juice Defender and am using the "default" setting.
-I did a complete hard reset of the phone.
-I did about 3 "bump" charges.
-Friendstream, HTC facebook and Twitter are NOT syncing. I took them off.

With all that being said, I came into work with a full charge. I was at work and checked Twitter on the toilet. Thats all that I did. My battery is now down to 90 percent. Thats a ten percent drop in about an hour after I took it off the charger with VERY MODERATE use.

I hate to sound like im complaining but I dont know what else to do. I have all my settings down to "bare bone". Do any of you have ANY other suggestions before I take the phone back?

Im sorry if it sounds like im complaining but I really like this phone and dont want to take it back. Just looking for some help. Thanks guys.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you disable the Blockbuster app's updates? This seemed to be one of the biggest battery-drain culprits for a lot of users.

Also, are you in a 4G area or an area where the signal switches back and forth between 3G and 4G?

Ras Moke

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually in the same boat. At this point, I'm wondering if I should go to VZW and ask for a battery swap, or if I should just return it on 3/31 and wait for the Samsung device.

I really like the TBolt. But after 8 days, my battery life is still HORRIBLE.

Granted, I have 4G on, but I feel like toggling 4G (and Bluetooth) on and off to conserve battery is a silly thing to have to resort to.

How bout this? My phone was fully charged last night when I went to bed at about 1am. I unplugged it because I wanted to see how much it'd decrease by the time I woke up. Got up about 9am. 8 hours of standby, battery was down to 80%. True, that was 8 hours, but it was on STANDBY.

Since I got up, I haven't really done anything other than check to see if I had any texts or voicemail... Battery is now 73%. That's crazy. I guess I (like you) am one of the unlucky few.

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is real or not, but it seems like the first 10% of drain happens really quickly, but slows down after that. I'd turn off auto sync, and have facebook, email, and twitter refresh upon opening. Unless its really that important that you have those update. Seeing that you have them update every four hours, i take it that it is not that important.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Did you do the blockbuster fix? It helped tremendously on my phone. I also took my brightness off of auto and put the sense brightness widget on one of my screens. I have it turned down inside, but turn it up outside if I ned to. I have great battery now and it has gotten better everyday. I had 30% left when I plugged it in last night after 14 hours of moderate use.

Reactions: Chrisy

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable the Blockbuster app's updates? This seemed to be one of the biggest battery-drain culprits for a lot of users.

Also, are you in a 4G area or an area where the signal switches back and forth between 3G and 4G?

I havet even opened the blockbuster app since I restored the phone last night. Should I open it or let it be?

Yes I am in 3G/4G switch area. Right before I posted this I set it so that it uses 3G only. I will report back with the results.

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the blockbuster fix? It helped tremendously on my phone. I also took my brightness off of auto and put the sense brightness widget on one of my screens. I have it turned down inside, but turn it up outside if I ned to. I have great battery now and it has gotten better everyday. I had 30% left when I plugged it in last night after 14 hours of moderate use.

Hey can you inform me of how to do the blockbuster fix? Thanks in advance.

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
These are my phone settings and things I have tried:

-Screen is on auto Brightness
-Only thing I have syncing are facebook, gmail, and twitter. Twitter and Facebook sync every like 4 hours.
- I have ZERO widgets that I use other than HTC clock widget, power control panel, and the HTC battery app that displays the % of battery you have left.
-All my screens are completely blank except for the "home" screen and the screens with the power widgets on them.
-I installed Juice Defender and am using the "default" setting.
-I did a complete hard reset of the phone.
-I did about 3 "bump" charges.
-Friendstream, HTC facebook and Twitter are NOT syncing. I took them off.

With all that being said, I came into work with a full charge. I was at work and checked Twitter on the toilet. Thats all that I did. My battery is now down to 90 percent. Thats a ten percent drop in about an hour after I took it off the charger with VERY MODERATE use.

I hate to sound like im complaining but I dont know what else to do. I have all my settings down to "bare bone". Do any of you have ANY other suggestions before I take the phone back?

Im sorry if it sounds like im complaining but I really like this phone and dont want to take it back. Just looking for some help. Thanks guys.

I wouldn't worry too much about the first 10-15% of the battery dropping. Here is a great article by XDA entitled: "Why Your Smartphone is Lying to You."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871051

How does your battery do after that? How long have you had the device for?

Last edited:

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I havet even opened the blockbuster app since I restored the phone last night. Should I open it or let it be?

Yes I am in 3G/4G switch area. Right before I posted this I set it so that it uses 3G only. I will report back with the results.

Even if you've never accessed the app it will continue to run a stupid amount of updates in the background. Definitely best to open it, follow the instructions above and then you can safely ignore it for the rest of eternity. :cool:

Hope the 3G switch helps as well! I'm not in a 4G area so I haven't had to worry about that part yet.

Reactions: jgang06

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that!

1) Open the Blockbuster app. When it prompts you to update the app, do so.
2) After it updates, skip the "Activate Device" popup by tapping the back arrow, then tap "Disable Movie Updates".

Thanks man. I just did that and I turned off 4G. I will report back later with results. I will wait until I leave work today around 5 and update you guys on the precentage. Hopefully many of you are right about losing the first 10% fast!

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out mine either. My battery is down to 90% and I've used it a total of 22 minutes. I talked on the phone for maybe 5 minutes, checked twitter once and checked facebook once. I installed the Network Mangelow app and only have 3G turned on, nothing in syncing, and I turned my background data off.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure after you disable update for blockbuster, you go into menu-settings- applications-running services and force stop the blockbuster if you don't plan on a reboot.

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Fwiw, I did the blockbuster fix, some of the other fixes and also installed Green Power per recommendation from some people here and my battery is a lot better.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Even if you've never accessed the app it will continue to run a stupid amount of updates in the background. Definitely best to open it, follow the instructions above and then you can safely ignore it for the rest of eternity. :cool:

Hope the 3G switch helps as well! I'm not in a 4G area so I haven't had to worry about that part yet.

Thanks, I just did all this as well. DIdn't know it could run updates even though I had NEVER even opened the thing or installed it. That's baffeling to me!!!!!!

rayzryd266

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I for one appreciate the step by step to disable the blockbuster app - I've been reading a lot of threads about doing this but no one explained how to do this (I'm new to androids). You guys rock!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95