GMail issues anyone?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Morning everyone ...

I sent my phone several emails overnight from my work email - my phone uses it's own email account. Not a single one went through. Had a gal from work try it from her work email account - mail never came in to the phone.

I just tried several tests from my home email account and got the test emails. I'm suspecting my work has blocked them but before I make and rash judgments has anyone had GMail trouble overnight?

Thanks,
Deb

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
just sent a Test email from pc gmail to my own account & it popped up Received (both phone and pc)
Replied to that Test email from my phone & it popped up on Received (both pc and phone)

so...mine appears to be ok.

but i did get spam emailed last night by a friend for some Fat Off diet pill--maybe that's the fix :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you on wifi? You might have lost your connection (despite the connected notification).

I can't get wifi at work but yes, I do have it at home. I think work has blocked them since neither the ones I sent myself or a co-worker sent ever came thru. That sucks cuz I send emails to myself from work with links and stuff to share cuz I can't send to others from work - but my home email addy works. Very strange but since they've pretty much cut us off from Internet and personal email it wouldn't surprise me.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have access to gmail at ur work pc. you may be able to save it as a draft then open the saved draft from ur phone or home pc google account if they are blocking personal emails to and from gmail.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok i just made sure it worked and yup it does !

so if you can access gmail from your work PC you can copy the email you want to send to yourself into a new email in Gmail then just hit the "Save Now" button to save the draft. then it will sync to your gmail account. to get it on your phone open the gmail app. then where it says "inbox" click that and it will populate all your boxes including your saved drafts!

:)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to gmail at ur work pc. you may be able to save it as a draft then open the saved draft from ur phone or home pc google account if they are blocking personal emails to and from gmail.

Nope, don't even have access to ANY search engines. They really have us locked down tight. We went from no internet to full internet and now "you can have 4 personal sites" that's it - but Google or any search engines are not allowed. Everyone is complaining but complaining won't do us any good, doubt they're going to budge.

I think I *may* have found the problem and will test tonight from work. I was using K9 mail and from another thread found it was having issues and the thread suggested Maildroid so I installed that and it did pull in mail so we'll see if it works when I test tonight. Thanks so much.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope, don't even have access to ANY search engines. They really have us locked down tight. We went from no internet to full internet and now "you can have 4 personal sites" that's it - but Google or any search engines are not allowed. Everyone is complaining but complaining won't do us any good, doubt they're going to budge.

I think I *may* have found the problem and will test tonight from work. I was using K9 mail and from another thread found it was having issues and the thread suggested Maildroid so I installed that and it did pull in mail so we'll see if it works when I test tonight. Thanks so much.

Gmail is not a search engine. www.gmail.com or www.mail.google.com.

good luck.

under999

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I am also having issues with Gmail. It is not syncing when an email comes. It just started today. Any ideas?

To better describe my problem. I am not getting my emails on phone in the Gmail app. I have to open the app and press refreah to get them to come. I am recieving on my pc correctly. I have already clear data and uninstall/reinstall updates. Any Adeas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer