Weather Won't Automatically Update Anymore

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Thunderbolt the weather would automatically update and would always appear by the clock. Just recently the weather will not do it and a lot of the times the animation is not there (like the sun, clouds, etc.). I went to settings on the widget but it is on the option of update when open. I see that there is an option to update automatically but it is not checked off and won't allow me to click that option. Anyone knows how I can get it back to update automatically?

Thanks for your help and time. Sorry if this is a nooby question but this is my first Android and smart phone. Thanks for the understanding.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Thunderbolt the weather would automatically update and would always appear by the clock. Just recently the weather will not do it and a lot of the times the animation is not there (like the sun, clouds, etc.). I went to settings on the widget but it is on the option of update when open. I see that there is an option to update automatically but it is not checked off and won't allow me to click that option. Anyone knows how I can get it back to update automatically?

Thanks for your help and time. Sorry if this is a nooby question but this is my first Android and smart phone. Thanks for the understanding.
From the home screen, go into Menu | Settings | Accounts & Sync | Weather (scroll down if necessary), tap Weather and make sure "Sync Weather" is checked. Then, re-visit the Weather Widget settings and see if you can check it.

-Frank

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried your suggestion and I tapped sync weather and it doesn't select nor does anything happen. I also tried hitting sync now at the bottom of the screen. Went back to the weather widget and it was the same. Could not select to update automatically.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
In order to have the Weather information update automatically, the Location setting needs to be enabled for GPS. These settings can be accessed from the Home screen by selecting Menu>Settings>Location

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So that would mean that the GPS would have to remain on constantly?

I selected to use "Standalone GPS Services". "Google Location Services" was already selected. Once I go back to the widget and then into settings selecting "Automatically Update" still cannot be selected.

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just "Background Data" was enabled. I will enable "Auto Sync". I believe that I may have unchecked the "Auto Sync" when my Facebook contacts were being synced to my phone's contacts and I was trying to get rid of it. I believe you may have just solved my problem. Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member