Will Auto Brightness Make Much a Difference?

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If I go ahead and instead of using 25% can I use auto ? Will it kill my battery too hard?

It's quite sunny here in Florida and when I get in the car and turn the phone on from school it's near impossible to see what I'm doing cause of the sun :(

Reactions: Slapnpop826

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright me too, I'll be back with results

edit: lol i set it to auto, and it put it on max and the room im in is fairly lighted, shouldn't it decrease the brightness?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Using Auto Brightness was a drain on my battery. I'm in sunny Florida as well. I turn my screen brightness up if I'm outside geocaching with my phone. I'll only turn it up of ill be outside for a while using my phone. When I'm out hiking I just keep it low and use it in the shade.

Otherwise, the brightness is kept lower.

I have an extended battery so keeping it higher doesn't kill it within hours.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright me too, I'll be back with results

edit: lol i set it to auto, and it put it on max and the room im in is fairly lighted, shouldn't it decrease the brightness?

Auto Brightness will increase the brightness when in bright conditions. This makes it easier to see the screen. In direct sunlight, with the screen brightness low, you can barely see it, if at all.

So when out in bright sunlight, you'll need your brightness at 100%

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

No. The brighter the ambient lighting, the brighter the phone needs to be for you to see it. Ever notice your dash lights get darker when you turn on your headlights? Same principle.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about this as well. I stopped using the auto feature when I noticed it did not decrease the level when I was indoors. Juice Defender has this feature, I haven't tried it yet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress