New battery problem

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I only have this phone for 3 days, today it only lasted about 4hrs and it's also running hot. The first 2 days, I was able to get 10-12 hrs before it completely shut down.

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Today was a HORRIBLE battery day for me as well. I charged it up to 100% around 9am, unplugged, and it was down to around 25% by 3pm. I did have it on LTE most of the day (but I've done that the last few days, just to see how it worked, and made it through almost the whole day and didn't have to recharge til around 10pm) but it just plummeted.

I got it recharged to around 85% or so before I left work around 6pm, unplugged, and it was down at 20% this afternoon around 8pm.

I've NEVER had a "2 charge day" on this phone, so something's definitely up, hopefully it's just a network problem and not all of our batteries blowing up at the same time.

I saw my email was set to sync every 15 minutes which I don't know what changed that. I do have everything normally set to not really sync, since I'll let it sync when I actually want to see it.

I did notice the phone auto-updated Rhapsody this morning (I don't know why, I have auto-updates off and I never use Rhapsody)... I better go double check some of my "disabled" settings for what may have been turned back on.

R3dM0nd

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
okay so from 4pm yest to now while idle my phone sits at 45mA. So I am not really sure what it is because thats close to what you said. But since me and phoenix aren't the only ones having this problem I think it has to be network related at best.

ocithegrouch

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I did the battery "bump" thing and now it's working great. Again, I have the extended battery but I have the battery icon still in the green after over 13 hours of minimal use.

I guess try the "bump" and see what happens?

mineralcobra

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Im in Dallas and I have had the same problem since Tuesday. Charge the phone overnight and then its down to 15% in 4.5 hours without any use. My phone has also been warm to hot to the touch when I go to use it after being idle for that period.

Went to the Verizon store yesterday and watchted the tech stare at it rather blankly for a while. I know they cant be knowlegable with every phone out there, but come on... Eventually got them to overnight me a battery using my warranty. Will see if that helps today.

Go in to your Settings then About Phone then Battery then Battery Use.

After sitting idle for hours I was showing Cell Standby at 38% and Phone Idle at 34% battery usage. Makes me think Verizon has been monkeying with their 4G network and the phone is getting stuck in a search pattern trying to find 4G.

I did go in an turn HTC Sense and some other running processes off last night and that has helped, but still not back to what I could get Monday which was a full day charge playing music at work for 5+ hours making some calls and surfing the net.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Its about time to do the monthly bumping again if you got the phone in its first week.

My battery life went from decent, to great, and now to horrid. Its bump day ... !!! REJOICE !!!