Any way to use volume controls without first unlocking?

z06c

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I still miss the fact that I could switch my iPhone to vibrate by simply hitting the flip switch on the side of the phone. I didn't have to unlock my phone first to do so. This was really helpful when walking into a meeting and needing to immediately and quickly set the phone on vibrate so as to avoid a disruption caused by my phone making some sort of noise for one alert or another.

Is there any way to get the TBolt set up so that the volume controls work without first hitting the power button, then unlocking the screen, then holding the volume controls down until getting to vibrate?

Thanks!!!
Christian

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Put the phone face down (screen down)... this will silent any notifications during a meeting... but this will not vibrate.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Put the phone face down (screen down)... this will silent any notifications during a meeting... but this will not vibrate.

I don't know if I don't understand this correctly or if it just doesn't work as I need...

If I put the phone face down while its ringing, it silences it, but if it already is face down and it rings, I hear the ringer.

cohall

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing. I really missed the vibrate toggle my iPhone had.

While not a prefect fix, this is what I did:

Download widget locker from the market. Then, customize one of your sliders to be the vibrate ring toggle. The default goes ring/silent/vibrate, but you can customize so that it only toggles the two you want (vibrate/ring). This way, you don't have to fully unlock the phone and then use the volume hard keys.

It's still an extra step than the iphone, since you have to press the top button, then toggle it, but it's better than the alternative.

z06c

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing. I really missed the vibrate toggle my iPhone had.

While not a prefect fix, this is what I did:

Download widget locker from the market. Then, customize one of your sliders to be the vibrate ring toggle. The default goes ring/silent/vibrate, but you can customize so that it only toggles the two you want (vibrate/ring). This way, you don't have to fully unlock the phone and then use the volume hard keys.

It's still an extra step than the iphone, since you have to press the top button, then toggle it, but it's better than the alternative.

Interesting idea. I will definitely give that a try. I just need a quick way to make sure i'm not going to be "that guy" in a meeting!!! HAHA.

Christian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member