Status for software update is blank?

ChoonkyMoonky

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Question

Mine is the same. But also I was checking for update and I get a pop up that says "Error Service Not Available. Please check for updates again under settings when service becomes available" Is anyone else getting this? Or could you possibly tell me why? Just got the Thunderbolt yesterday!:p

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Word is that an OTA update is coming soon (there's a post on the main AC page). Could be that Verizon is getting ready to launch the OTA.

Sent from my HAL 9000 using Tapatalk

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the same. But also I was checking for update and I get a pop up that says "Error Service Not Available. Please check for updates again under settings when service becomes available" Is anyone else getting this? Or could you possibly tell me why? Just got the Thunderbolt yesterday!:p

Thank you! Some one else with the same issue. I was getting worried it was only me. I am in So. Cal., you?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That status box is to show you the identifying information of any software update you download.
Once you receive the software update from CHECK FOR NEW SOFTWARE or whatever that menu is called, you can return to that other menu and see the information filled in.

i also received the "error service not available"; turned off Wifi & tried it again---then confirmed there was "no new software to download" or whatever. oy.

Still waiting for it in nc

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress