Gmail not syncing (tried the usual stuff)

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Wife's T-bolt isn't getting gmail properly. I checked all the usual things... The sync button is on, I cleared the data (still doesn't work), mobile data is always on, wifi sleep policy is Never, and she's rebooted the phone with no effect. Also checked under Account settings, and her gmail is set to auto-sync.

Any ideas here? Very frustrating not to be getting push gmail service like she's supposed to.

She thinks the problem might be only when connected to wifi (even in our house, where wifi is definitely working no problem), but I think the problem also creeps up when on the go as well. Sometimes even hitting refresh doesn't immediately bring up new e-mails, but will after she hits it a couple times.

Maybe delete and reinstall her account? Are there any settings on gmail that have to be enabled for it to work properly?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is she getting an error when she manually sync's, or does it manually sync just fine??? Why are you saying it's not sync-ing???

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Is she getting an error when she manually sync's, or does it manually sync just fine??? Why are you saying it's not sync-ing???

No errors at any point, she's just not getting new gmail messages pushed to her phone. Sometimes when she hits Refresh, new messages still don't pop up unless she does it again or a third time.

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Many times my wife will send me an email but it does not her pushed for quite some time. I don't see any difference if its wifi or not.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Use the gmail app for push if you aren't. The HTC app pulls as far as I can tell. Fairly new here so I could be wrong.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem
woke up--and for 6 hours i wasn't getting emails pushed to my phone.

culprit: when my phone reached low battery level the night before, i enabled the Power-Save feature. this disables "Auto-Sync" & other unnecessary processes. you can press that little green refresh arrow as many times as you want--and it'll spin, but as long as "AutoSync" isn't checked, it won't push mail to your phone.
i woke up, plugged my Dead phone in to the charger, and went about my day--noticing i was getting emails on the desktop, but not on the phone.

oddly enough, after charging my phone in the morning & having it hooked up to a charger as i was troubleshooting--i noticed that the phone didn't re-enable the AutoSync option. Background Data was checkmarked, but Auto-Sync was Not enabled. i had to manually re-enable this feature.

only mentioning this b/c you said "the sync button is on", but that might be referring to the green-circle and not referring to the Auto-Sync

if not, just throwing it out there for the knowledge that you have to re-enable the feature after a PowerSave feature is allowed.

Reactions: kwiley5

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Use the gmail app for push if you aren't. The HTC app pulls as far as I can tell. Fairly new here so I could be wrong.

This was my question...are you using "Gmail" app or the HTC "Mail" app?

If you're email service is Gmail, I highly suggesting using the standard "Gmail" app, as opposed to adding the account to the "Mail" app. Any other accounts you may want to use the HTC Mail app for.

Gmail is, by default, pretty much an instant sync with your online mailbox.

OMG Pizza Party

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Wife's T-bolt isn't getting gmail properly. I checked all the usual things... The sync button is on, I cleared the data (still doesn't work), mobile data is always on, wifi sleep policy is Never, and she's rebooted the phone with no effect. Also checked under Account settings, and her gmail is set to auto-sync.

Any ideas here? Very frustrating not to be getting push gmail service like she's supposed to.

She thinks the problem might be only when connected to wifi (even in our house, where wifi is definitely working no problem), but I think the problem also creeps up when on the go as well. Sometimes even hitting refresh doesn't immediately bring up new e-mails, but will after she hits it a couple times.

Maybe delete and reinstall her account? Are there any settings on gmail that have to be enabled for it to work properly?

I am having the same problems as above. gmailapp will only display new items in the inbox after a manual refresh. I have checked/done the following things:

1. Disabled PowerSaver mode completely so that background data and auto-sync won't be turned off.

2. Ensured that background data and auto-sync are turned on.

3. Activated syncing of my gmail account in the account list.

4. Restarted the phone.

None of these actions have corrected the problem. I previously had the original Droid on Verizon and never had this issue. I don't know what to do at this point. I suppose I could try a hard reset, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Any other ideas floating around out there?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This happens to me every once in awhile when im either on wifi or when my battery goes below 15%. There was nothing I could do to get my gmail app to resync properly besides reinstalling the app from the market. Its a pain to setup gmail all over again, but its necessary when it happens to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty