Turning on music greatly reduces power drain at idle

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, i'm having the battery drain idle issue that some others are having. About 80-270ma (avg maybe 140ma) at idle without running anything, even after restart. When i first got the phone, it would typically idle around 40-44ma. with the music (local of course, not streaming radio), i noticed the idle to be 56-60ma. Music does use some juice, but i figure, it's better to run 60ma than 140ma. When i put the music player on pause, it will go back to using the 140ma again. I realize how much power is used can vary depending on apps running so you may get different numbers,, but either way, the music seems to really cut down on the power consumption. Anyone else notice the same thing?

btw, i tried a factory reset, but the high power drain at idle persisted.

btw, i'm using Battery Monitor Widget, but there are other widgets that provide the same info.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
seem's really ironic if true, but I have found that the current level doesn't directly correlate to battery drain. My idle is 34 on 4g as well at 1x but I use a lot more battery on 4g than 1x

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to verizon and get a replacement, same issue on one of my devices. It's some hardware fault which causes the phone to draw obscene amounts of power.

Regards.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
what app are you using to see the usage?

you can see the current draw using the battery monitor widget from the android market. there are other apps as well that will work, i just find that to be the easiest to use.

You need to go to verizon and get a replacement, same issue on one of my devices. It's some hardware fault which causes the phone to draw obscene amounts of power.

Regards.

i've never done the return process. how does that work? do they charge you a core charge, send out the replacement, then when you send back the original phone, they credit the core charge?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty