my thoughts on this phone

R3dM0nd

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off with first I love this phone. I accept its faults and realise that as this is the first Verizon LTE phone there would be occasional problems. Now with saying that any one else think that HTC and Verizon should have made this phone a little better. In the way of subtle diffrences like screen, seeing as this phone is Verizon's answer to the original Evo, apart from the radios and its pretty much the same. I think what the Evo 3D is, minus the 3d should have been this phone. Like I would like dual core but I'm happy with what I have really what i want is Sense 3.0 and a qHD screen. Thats just my two cents. Oh and an unlocked/unencrypted bootloader.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
First of all, the Evo is a Sprint phone LTE>>>>>>>Wi-Max

Secondly, the Thunderbolt outperforms the Evo in every benchmark test you can make

Thirdly, dual core won't be optimized for the OS for at least another year

Lastly, It took me (a first time android user) 30 minutes to gain root despite the unlocked bootloader. Gingerbread and Sense 3.0 is already being ported to the Thunderbolt as well.

Reactions: akira751

R3dM0nd

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i know the evo is a sprint phone and yes i do agree that lte is way better than wimax as well, 2nd thats because the tbolt is on newer hardware than the evo , 3rd i stated that i really didnt care about dual core as i'm happy with what the phone has currently and last yes gingerbread is in the works not only by the rooting community but as well by HTC, for Sense 3.0 yes you can get a custom rom with it but I would have liked it to be on the phone from the start. but also the bootloader on the tbolt isn't completely unlocked HTC tried to lock it down it was just not encrypted as thats why it was harded to get root but still achieveable unlike what is rumored to be the bootloader on the EVO 3D and the Sensation as they are signed,and encrypted in every way.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Something better will always be on the horizon. You can't play the wait game forever. At the time the Thunderbolt was released it was the best phone available. It will still be Verizon's flagship 4G device until Motorola comes out with the Bionic in another month or two. The Bolt will continue to be one of the top phones for at least another year.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptwn7