thunderbolt vs dx2? dual core worthit right now?

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,

is dual core more marketing that actual usable for these devices?

I just got the tbolt not long ago and the guy that sold it to me was saying that at this time dual core is a lot of marketing and not too much usability. A single core, fast processor like the snapdragon is more likely going to be better for now, until more apps use the dual core..

he referred to a windows pc, having dual core or nowadays, 6 cores means nothing unless you are running software designed to use both..

is that the case with these smartphones too?

I was compring my tablet xoom to my tbolt and the tbolt appears to be faster actually..

is it marketing?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
hi,

is dual core more marketing that actual usable for these devices?

I just got the tbolt not long ago and the guy that sold it to me was saying that at this time dual core is a lot of marketing and not too much usability. A single core, fast processor like the snapdragon is more likely going to be better for now, until more apps use the dual core..

he referred to a windows pc, having dual core or nowadays, 6 cores means nothing unless you are running software designed to use both..

is that the case with these smartphones too?

I was compring my tablet xoom to my tbolt and the tbolt appears to be faster actually..

is it marketing?

Well there have been complaints about the DX2 actually not being all that fast and even being a little sluggish compared to even the original X. Some say it may be because of Blur, but it's hard to know for sure.

Now early next year and definitely by this time next year, dual-core will pretty much be the standard. I have no complaints with the Thunderbolt, it's plenty fast for me. I'm not much of a phone gamer (or gamer period really), so dual-core doesn't really attract me just yet. Now January or February when it pretty much becomes standard and Ice Cream Sandwich is out, probably.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez