Thunbderbolt cases w/ an actually spare battery...

abomb78

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does one exist yet for the TB? I've searched and all I come across are cases with the extended battery support, but I am looking for a case that has an actual secondary battery. I dont like the clunkiness and extra buldge the current extended batteries give the TB.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't a case that carried a second battery be just as clunky as a phone with an extended battery?

I keep my spare battery in my pocket. I suppose I could look for a "Batman" type utility belt to carry all of my phone accessories, but it would clash with my Superman suit.

I do however have a possible solution for you. I just ordered an IRIONMAN suit, it should be able to power my thunderbolt for a week or more. I'll be sure to write a review a few days after it arrives.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the op is looking for something like the one made for the iPhone. That would be cool as the iPhone one simply makes it a little taller. The only issue is that the Thunderbolt's charging port is on the side, not the bottom.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the op is looking for something like the one made for the iPhone. That would be cool as the iPhone one simply makes it a little taller. The only issue is that the Thunderbolt's charging port is on the side, not the bottom.

I see, I guess that makes more sense.....still, the IRONMAN suit would be cool too.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you're right. However, the way I look at it, the whole "charging case" thingy is a workaround for the fact that the iPhone does not have a changeable battery to begin with. If it did, there would be no charging cases, IMHO.

-Frank

Last edited:

abomb78

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL @ Mike.. Yeah, an Ironman suit would kick soo much ass, but like webdev stated, I am looking for a case similar to the one made for the icrap. I hate having to take appart the case I am using (bodyglove) just to swop out a battery. My non-fingernails can't fit inside the damn thing w/o feeling like Im gonna break it/and or the phone. Im sure its too soon for one if one is ever to come down the pike, but I was just curious if there were any as of yet. The camel hump the extended battery gives you is just plan yuk! A battery the same dimensions as the stock battery but with a case that fits snug properly around the phone would be acceptable.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL @ Mike.. Yeah, an Ironman suit would kick soo much ass, but like webdev stated, I am looking for a case similar to the one made for the icrap. I hate having to take appart the case I am using (bodyglove) just to swop out a battery. My non-fingernails can't fit inside the damn thing w/o feeling like Im gonna break it/and or the phone. Im sure its too soon for one if one is ever to come down the pike, but I was just curious if there were any as of yet. The camel hump the extended battery gives you is just plan yuk! A battery the same dimensions as the stock battery but with a case that fits snug properly around the phone would be acceptable.

In all seriousness, I swap out my battery twice a day. Yes, it is a hassle. I DO have enough fingernail to open the back, but I too have a case that also has to be removed first. An OM "stock" sized battery that lasted all day would be the ideal solution - unfortunately there is none, and most likely won't be one in the foreseeable future. :(

Rick-o

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Does one exist yet for the TB? I've searched and all I come across are cases with the extended battery support, but I am looking for a case that has an actual secondary battery. I dont like the clunkiness and extra buldge the current extended batteries give the TB.

IMHO, the "hump" helps me hold the phone in one hand while thumb typing with that same hand. The hump sits atop my pinky and makes it much easier to use the phone one-handed. Also, if you lay the standard and extended battery covers side by side on a flat surface, the difference in thickness is less than the thickness of the standard battery that came with the phone. Visually, yeah, its a hump. But once you get past the style and weight issues (and the cost of an extended battery) I find the hump to be a positive. Not to mention, I can get through a long day with moderate use of all the TB's battery hungry features without worrying about a dead battery or changing out a spare I have to lug around in my pocket.

To each his own. Oh, yeah, I'm all up for the Ironman suit. Do they come in XXL?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, the "hump" helps me hold the phone in one hand while thumb typing with that same hand. The hump sits atop my pinky and makes it much easier to use the phone one-handed. Also, if you lay the standard and extended battery covers side by side on a flat surface, the difference in thickness is less than the thickness of the standard battery that came with the phone. Visually, yeah, its a hump. But once you get past the style and weight issues (and the cost of an extended battery) I find the hump to be a positive. Not to mention, I can get through a long day with moderate use of all the TB's battery hungry features without worrying about a dead battery or changing out a spare I have to lug around in my pocket.

To each his own. Oh, yeah, I'm all up for the Ironman suit. Do they come in XXL?

They are all custom made, so XXL will not be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress